Current time: 18/05/2024, 03:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
I had a happy final experience of MCT. I picked up some timetables at Shudehill, spotted that the 96 was about to leave, the driver had moved a little way from the stop but was still near the pavement, and he did still let me on!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/02/2020 08:15)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether some Manchester city centre routes even that go south could be won by Go North West? I think of route 44 as above, and also the Mon-Sat late evening & Sunday route 197 journeys.

I think route 18 could be Arriva and route X5 Stagecoach.

18 and x5 currently interwork so ideally they’d need to go to the same operator.

Edit: and the final x5 from stockport comes off another service (373?), so there could be a timetable rewrite here.
With regards to upcoming service changes (April), when will it be found out which operators have certain routes. Will be interesting too see with the current situation at MCT.
(23/02/2020 14:54)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  With regards to upcoming service changes (April), when will it be found out which operators have certain routes. Will be interesting too see with the current situation at MCT.

The majority of the Oldham stuff (except 418) and Ashton stuff (except 41) was going anyway so operators who have successfully gained these will be announcing it anytime soon.

The majority of the Stockport work wasn’t lost so it’s this that will need planning but don’t forget it’s only a proposal to close at end of April. There’s a possibility that something could come out of the ashes.
Are all the Oldham routes up for retender this time round including 159, 412 & 419 or are these routes that could be staying should MCT end up staying in April?
It's in the news mct are closing in april all staff have been told
(24/02/2020 16:39)johnluke Wrote:  It's in the news mct are closing in april all staff have been told

Which is being talked about already, Reads before posting please

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/02/2020 07:11)M60lad Wrote:  Are all the Oldham routes up for retender this time round including 159, 412 & 419 or are these routes that could be staying should MCT end up staying in April?

Nope all going apart from the 418.
(24/02/2020 16:39)johnluke Wrote:  It's in the news mct are closing in april all staff have been told

Technically it’s still only a proposal that it closes at end of May.
The 407/410/411/412/418 are all going in April, 402 is having major rerouting change. As detailed in the forthcoming coming changes in the GMCA meetings

I had a not so lovely experience of a Optare Versa/Solo breaking down on me today in the middle of Chadderton Way during the evening rush hour. but the driver was lovely and took me to my stop was he rebooted the bus after the driver had a heated conversation with the call out team.

I will be glad to have a new operator on the 159 as that service been ran shocklingly for the last few months with varying standards of driving.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)