Current time: 05/05/2024, 15:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(08/02/2019 19:04)Y727 KNF Wrote:  669 was on the X4 today and another Solo (presumably 675) was on the 12

Can a Cadet handle the G3 route or is there another Solo here that I wasn't aware of?

Thanks in advance
A Cadet could work the route. It could be a little bit tight around Asda depending on how cars are parked but generally it should be fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Bad news for arriva Chester

Services 11A ( mold journeys ) and services 12 and 13 and Sunday Blacons to be withdrawn. Is there much point for Chester depot nowadays. Drivers letting passengers now on buses too
(21/02/2019 14:07)Conbus Wrote:  Bad news for arriva Chester

Services 11A ( mold journeys ) and services 12 and 13 and Sunday Blacons to be withdrawn. Is there much point for Chester depot nowadays. Drivers letting passengers now on buses too

What routes will Chester have left?
Where have you heard all this?

I am VERY surprised about the Blacons. They seem to do well. Saughalls they lost the tender if that is what you mean but the normal 1 and 1A do really well for Arriva on Sundays.
The 11A was always on the cards to go as it's a Flintshire Tender.
The 12 always did decent until they started cutting it back to Love Street and then Broughton. That will be one big reason for it not doing as well. The 3 did alright but again, another one which kept being changed so people lost faith in the service and in some cases, people could no longer get the service. The changes were every few months. Avoiding parts of Pen-y-fordd, avoid Buckley Cross. Serving Saltney and Handbridge (making journeys take longer), random frequency. Then add on the fact that traffic into Chester hasn't been amazing from the Saltney and Handbridge directions for a while which has caused more delays.

Pen-y-fordd, Sandycroft, Mancot and Shotton will be unserved from April (bar the minibuses in Penyfordd) unless someone puts in a replacement service. Someone, somewhere must know these routes have the ability to make money.

I would just like to add in that I have been told that the 10A is being cut back to Flint. Have you heard anything on that?
(21/02/2019 14:07)Conbus Wrote:  Bad news for arriva Chester

Have you mistaken the Blacons with the Saughall 15 as D&G have been awarded the Sunday contract from April
The 12 and 13 isn't being dropped altogether is it? Thought it was only changing its route in Mancot
Is 669 out today?
The 11A Mold trips are confirmed to be withdrawn. There is now a service update on the Arriva website.

No details for any other services yet.
Interesting article here regarding the cancellation of service 12 and service 13 reverting back pretty much to the previous service 3 route.

I'm not sure how Arriva drivers can be accused of scaremongering when the company have confirmed what's being withdrawn in the same article?!
(26/02/2019 18:03)CTL45 Wrote:  Interesting article here regarding the cancellation of service 12 and service 13 reverting back pretty much to the previous service 3 route.

I'm not sure how Arriva drivers can be accused of scaremongering when the company have confirmed what's being withdrawn in the same article?!

The article was edited. It didn't have any quotes from Arriva this morning. It said they has contacted them for a response but they were awaiting a reply.

The old 3 route was useless. It is just a ploy to mess it around again. Nant Mawr makes no money for anyone. It's just to avoid Buckley Cross and clearly try to make it look better on the 4/X4. I am surprised they still want to kill it off unless they are running it to keep Stagecoach off the corridor as they know they would be thrashed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)