Current time: 27/04/2024, 15:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(05/01/2015 18:06)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  One of the Enviro400s not on the 10B today was 4594 which was in the depot with another parked behind it

4594 is oos with a gearbox problem

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4594 was out this morning.
Just a question, Would the next Enviro400 batch be the
new ones or will they still be tridents?.

My Fleet:
780 - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - MX12 DYU - ACE Travel
4488 - Wright Gemini 2 - CX61 CDY - Arriva Crymu Coastliner
27717 - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - PO11 BCV - Stagecoach M,side
4510 - Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 Hybrid - MX13 AEM - Arriva B,Head
5001 - Caetano City Gold Hydro - MX62 KSZ - Arriva Runcorn
189 - Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 - BF62 JZU - HTL
3055 - Wright Pulsar 2 - MX13 ANR - Arriva Green Lane

I think it depends when they were ordered. I'd really like to see the new Enviro400 variant as it's growing on me and I think it would look smart in Interurban. I think it's just a case of wait and see when Arriva announce the order later in the year
I must say I'm quite impressed with Dart 2219 this afternoon, certainly puts the DAF SB120/Cadet I had earlier on the Wirral to shame acceleration wise.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I had ex Bolton depot Myllennium 2474 earlier on the 13 and I have to say it's definitely the best of this type I've traveled on up to now. In my opinion I think the Myllenniums (particularly the ones that were refurbished when they were based at Speke) are underrated buses and are far superior to the Darts they have replaced
(13/01/2015 15:33)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  I had ex Bolton depot Myllennium 2474 earlier on the 13 and I have to say it's definitely the best of this type I've traveled on up to now. In my opinion I think the Myllenniums (particularly the ones that were refurbished when they were based at Speke) are underrated buses and are far superior to the Darts they have replaced

I agree with you, the mylleniums get poor press off some people but apart from one or two shakers I don't mind them. I also agree about 2474, I had that quite recently and was quite impressed and very few rattles.
(13/01/2015 15:38)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I agree with you, the mylleniums get poor press off some people but apart from one or two shakers I don't mind them. I also agree about 2474, I had that quite recently and was quite impressed and very few rattles.

Yeah I like most of them there's only one or two I'm not keen on. I think they're good solid buses and I hope that they see further use after Green Lane once further double deckers arrive - perhaps as Dart replacements at other depots

I did notice 2474 still has a Greater Manchester Quality Bus Partner sticker in the window closest to the doors - haven't noticed if fellow ex Bolton Myllenniums 2454/64 still have one though
Former Green Lane 3154 (MX13 ANP) and 3155 (MX13 ANR) are now with Arriva Midlands as 3800 and 3801 respectively

3800:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128987711@N07/16239587735
Photo copyright to Alan Smith

3801:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/3801a.html
Photo copyright to Michael Poole
Just had 2472 on 13's, no rattles, or idle vibrations and seems to have been tightened up a fair bit, really wouldn't have any complaints except for the heating not working so not ideal for a cold morning.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)