Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(22/02/2013 22:09)N271CKB Wrote:  Can't believe a bus would be swapped just because a driver doesn't like it.
The company will also sometimes advocate swaps for example the SH B10s are preferred in and swapped for something else and one in particular, 2712 rings a bell, has a notice in the cab requesting it's swapped if on lates. Jackson Street usually have a number of Pulsars driven onto the front after being run in from the daytime board they've been on for just the above purpose.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/02/2013 20:05)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(22/02/2013 22:09)N271CKB Wrote:  Can't believe a bus would be swapped just because a driver doesn't like it.
The company will also sometimes advocate swaps for example the SH B10s are preferred in and swapped for something else and one in particular, 2712 rings a bell, has a notice in the cab requesting it's swapped if on lates. Jackson Street usually have a number of Pulsars driven onto the front after being run in from the daytime board they've been on for just the above purpose.
As far as I know, Bootle usually want their DAF/ALX400s back in the depot early in the night because of their high fuel consumption - hence why Pulsars aren't strangers to the evening 60/61.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
And also you very very rarely if ever see a DAF/ALX400 out in a sunday either, probably for the same reason.
(23/02/2013 20:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  And also you very very rarely if ever see a DAF/ALX400 out in a sunday either, probably for the same reason.
Yeah - a shame, really, because more double-deckers on the road on a Sunday would certainly benefit Sunday timetables for services that serve Liverpool. I also usually notice several sitting in the depot on Saturdays - again, a shame for the same reason.

Do the DAF/ALX400 actually offer a increased seating capacity compared to a Pulsar?
Yes, on the top deck alone they seat 1 more. Overall, they seat 68.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
2216 failed on County Road on Monday - big puddle of water underneath it though not sure if that was the reason why it failed.
Pulsar CX58 EUP (2673) is on the 68 today.

Due : Cast off's from Bolton
Departing: Marshall's ?
(27/02/2013 23:26)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Due : Cast off's from Bolton
Departing: Marshall's ?

Expect to see a lot more junk end up here to replace the marshall'sConfused

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)