Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Why would First sell their Bury depot? Are they worried about devolved transport powers for the GM region and are retreating before re-regulation?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/04/2015 18:01)M60lad Wrote:  Looks like Oldham Depot are keeping their duties on 350 after all from tomorrow's timetable change from what I've seen from the latest duty boards for Oldham Depot
could have told you that 2 weeks ago staff at pr are being asked to transfer to om
(12/04/2015 21:05)Polo Mint Wrote:  Why would First sell their Bury depot? Are they worried about devolved transport powers for the GM region and are retreating before re-regulation?

It's a question I've asked, but not wishing to add to the rumour mill, but where is the commitment from first in Bury going forward. Running the oldest fleet in first greater Manchester various reliability issues with buses etc. now that is not me spreading rumours, that's me saying they have very little interest in Bury going forward, or that's how it seems. So IF and I say if I wouldn't be totally shocked, but instinctively I don't think they will sell.
Something Is going on

Bury looses 4 B7s to QS 66922/3 66928/9 and itself has all kinds of bus reliability issues and has to borrow buses from all over that makes no sense at all, unless something is happening with Bury, the source of the info is an employee at First. Ok nothing Is concrete but it's odd

Also 37386 and 69325

From OM TO QS
(12/04/2015 21:07)james Wrote:  could have told you that 2 weeks ago staff at pr are being asked to transfer to om

I normally never repeat rumours I hear as very often thier laughable but given your comments regarding staff transferring to Oldham is there any truth in the suggestions Dukinfield might in the near future close completly with all remaining work transferring to Oldham?
Being very careful what I say it was actually a former duky driver who mentioned it and at the time I thought it might have been sour grapes but if they are seriously asking drivers from a depot thats in recent years been struggling with staff shortages it does suggest changes are afoot.
Once again Rohmer mill ; but heard the announcement may be to do with a potential sale of Oldham depot to Arriva...

We shall find out tomorrow
Rumours it might be, but QS is still gaining extra buses, this can only be for extra work. Where this work is from well, as you say we shall find out tomorrow, but a certain BN Employee believes it could well be a "big" announcement
This seems to be one of the biggest Rumours to date as all the Spotters in Merseyside and Greater Manchester seem to know about it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/04/2015 23:21)bolton bus basher Wrote:  This seems to be one of the biggest Rumours to date as all the Spotters in Merseyside and Greater Manchester seem to know about it

It seems most likely it's something to do with Bury as the future of that depot has been up in the air for two years plus they've lost buses to QS today, yet have had to bring loans in to cover services for weeks now, something is a miss there. As has been said, it's rumours but something is happening, just a wait and see game
Maybe Stagecoach could be eyeing up First again, but lets just wait and see.

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)