Current time: 09/05/2024, 01:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(22/10/2014 06:09)M60lad Wrote:  Didn't realise First Manchester had any Olympians still in service until yesterday when I saw 34089 on 38, also due to vehicle shortage Tameside had 69199 which was on 348/350s

Is 34089 the very last Olympian in service with First Manchester?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
First's Oldham and Tameside depots took part in Tweet the Manager on the @FirstTweetMgr page. They did state that there are no more Olympians operating from Oldham depot and that the fleet is now 100% low-floor operations. They've also stated that 'newer' buses would be brought in over the coming months.

Also, to the question of WiFi and real-time information (which was originally proposed last year), First's message is 'Watch this space!'

https://twitter.com/FirstTweetMgr/status...4087410688
Yes First Manchester's operational fleet should now be 100% low-floor as the last Olympian at Ashton was apparently withdrawn after service yesterday

Also newer minibuses are apparently on the way as a Christmas Present to replace some of the older Solos in the fleet according to the Tweet the Manager session this afternoon
(22/10/2014 19:42)M60lad Wrote:  Yes First Manchester's operational fleet should now be 100% low-floor as the last Olympian at Ashton was apparently withdrawn after service yesterday

Also newer minibuses are apparently on the way as a Christmas Present to replace some of the older Solos in the fleet according to the Tweet the Manager session this afternoon

Hmmm 34089 was still being used today. Not sure what it was on but I spotted it doing a loop of Ashton Bus Station at about 10.30am.
(22/10/2014 21:19)Dentonian Wrote:  I think it was the taxi bus; I saw it just before 1200 in the Bus Station.

Thanks Dentonian, I thought i had imagined it for a minute Smile
So technically its not withdrawn then, if still being used on the road there's every chance if their short enough it could creep out in service - which knowing First is a possibility.
Il put it in this thread with it being in the greater manchester boundries but just been threw platt bridge in wigan and noticed about 6 or 7 ex first vehicles (scrapped state) being parked up on a peice of land behind the iceland
Hi all,

could someone in the know possibly provide me with daytime frequencies for the following services,

8, 42, 135.

All i can find on the site is 'at frequent intervals'

Thanks
Once every ten minutes
(25/10/2014 10:21)J200ABW Wrote:  Hi all,

could someone in the know possibly provide me with daytime frequencies for the following services,

8, 42, 135.

All i can find on the site is 'at frequent intervals'

Thanks

The 8 is every 10 mins, the 42 is every 5 mins between East Didsbury and Manchester with a bus every 10 mins continuing to/from North Manchester General Hospital, the 135 is every 7/8 mins.

You can check times on Traveline NW's website or on the First Bus App.

http://traveline-northwest.co.uk/timetableplanner/
Looks like from the timetable changne today there are some interesting changes and inter depot changes:

Most Mon-Fri daytime 350 Hey Farm/Oldham-Ashton duties will now be operated by Oldham Depot

Late duty Mon-Fi on 64 passes from Tameside to Oldham Depot

Also it seems most 348s will no longer interwork with 350s, as it seems most 350s will stay as 350s for most of the day especially the Oldham Depot workings.

As a result of the above Oldham Depot should have their first Streetlites allocated to them now

User(s) browsing this thread: 57 Guest(s)