Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(20/06/2014 00:16)acocker96 Wrote:  I
I saw a 54-reg solo on the 408 the other day and speaking I can't remember which can I saw a 54-reg solo has been painted in Olympia livery

53146 is the repainted solo in Olympia livery
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It would have probably have been Monday afternoon that you saw the 54 plate Solo on 408 as while I was in Oldham Bus Station with a driver friend of mine he got a phone call from depot asking him to return to Depot to get another bus as the Citaro he was meant to have had spent most of the day overheating (driver was driving with the heaters on most of his duty on it just to stop it from overheating), so we went back to Depot where engineering gave him 53143 where it entered service on 15:53 408 Oldham-Droylsden service
(20/06/2014 06:38)M60lad Wrote:  It would have probably have been Monday afternoon that you saw the 54 plate Solo on 408 as while I was in Oldham Bus Station with a driver friend of mine he got a phone call from depot asking him to return to Depot to get another bus as the Citaro he was meant to have had spent most of the day overheating (driver was driving with the heaters on most of his duty on it just to stop it from overheating), so we went back to Depot where engineering gave him 53143 where it entered service on 15:53 408 Oldham-Droylsden service

Must have been Monday it was quite late on round about 20 past 4
(19/06/2014 19:31)joe_alker Wrote:  Bus fire on Park Rd, Oldham today at 11am. It was a Citaro apparently operating the 408 service, unable to find a decent enough photo to identify it.

Here's a pic from the Oldham Chronicle, still quite hard to identify it:

[Image: 2014620_12911.jpg]

http://oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-featu...s-fireball
(20/06/2014 18:35)SF07 Wrote:  Here's a pic from the Oldham Chronicle, still quite hard to identify it:

[Image: 2014620_12911.jpg]

http://oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-featu...s-fireball

slightly off topic but notice the dvla tax evasion seizure pick up truck sat in background
must have been enforcing oldham for a change lol
(20/06/2014 21:07)Dentonian Wrote:  Send it down Ash Road, Reddish (behind the 42A/84 terminus). They'd have a field day. In fact, if a vehicle doesn't have a current tax disc and is off road (eg. for sale) - should the old disc be physically removed?

If the vehicle is Sorn, then it shouldn't be on the highway at all. However some traders purposely don't put current tax disks in vehicles for sale incase they are stolen.
As far as I know, not displaying a valid tax disk is a seperate offence to a vehicle not having tax at all and normally a vehicle will only be removed if it dosen't have Tax.
Speaking of SORNs, what ever happened to those ex birkenhead L113s in bolton? I know 60112/5 at least where sorn

I am no longer active on this forum.
I hope 61137 goes for preservation, it sounded great when it was at Bury.

Also, does anyone know why Bolton seem to always have one or both Olympians out on normal service but the B7TL's never seem to run in public service? I think I've only seen 30874 once on 507 and 30878 once on 561.
(21/06/2014 20:35)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I hope 61137 goes for preservation, it sounded great when it was at Bury.

Also, does anyone know why Bolton seem to always have one or both Olympians out on normal service but the B7TL's never seem to run in public service? I think I've only seen 30874 once on 507 and 30878 once on 561.

Because they only went to Bolton originally for the schools contracts but all three do come out from time to time speaking of the Olympians 34104 has it's front missing at the moment at Bolton Depot and 34105 is on long term loan to Bury
34104 was also on 135 last week, that could explain why they where swapped around.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)