Current time: 03/05/2024, 11:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Funny you should mention that about the drivers getting used to the ticket machines Mayneway, as this was happened recently when a batch of drivers from various First Manchester Depots were covering at Rusholme as they had to get used to using the machines that Finglands use so changeovers were taking time to do then as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Haha, as somebody who has used wayfarers and almex machines, almex machines are more complicated but have a GUI which is more appealing - I found wayfarers easier to master than almex so not suprised they are struggling with almex machines
Latest sighting of a Streetlite at Pioneer: 63104 on 350 with Rusholme stickers.
(11/03/2014 16:36)joe_alker Wrote:  Latest sighting of a Streetlite at Pioneer: 63104 on 350 with Rusholme stickers.

63104 has been with us since 20th (ish) of feb on loan for vf
(11/03/2014 00:38)Mayneway Wrote:  someone's theory on another site suggested was the deckers were for schools and the Streetlites were for normal services so given that 30965 was used on the 99 blows that theory out of the water.

Its also been mentioned elsewhere that changeovers outside Rusholme depot today were taking up too 12 minutes, with drivers apparently struggling with the ticket machines. Quite surprising as ive always found First changeovers a lot quicker than Stagecoach's but I suppose its to be expected in the first few days.

From what I've seen, it has been mostly Streetlites out on normal services but an occasional decker on the 41 and 42 routes.
According to a different forum First has lost tendered service 99 (acquired from Finglands), and will reduce route 41 (Piccadilly to Sale) from every 10 mins to every 20 mins. Apparently route 42 will be extended from Piccadilly to NMGH.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these claims, but considering Finglands was loss making then changes were to be expected.
(12/03/2014 18:44)Polo Mint Wrote:  According to a different forum First has lost tendered service 99 (acquired from Finglands), and will reduce route 41 (Piccadilly to Sale) from every 10 mins to every 20 mins. Apparently route 42 will be extended from Piccadilly to NMGH.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these claims, but considering Finglands was loss making then changes were to be expected.

The frequency of the 42 will also be greatly increased according to other sites from 27th April.
Really? That sounds good, a decent frequency is needed against all those Stagecoach and Magic Buses.

Do you have any more details? Or any idea when this will be announced?
(12/03/2014 20:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  Really? That sounds good, a decent frequency is needed against all those Stagecoach and Magic Buses.

Do you have any more details? Or any idea when this will be announced?

Not yet its just something that's been mentioned on another site by someone 'in the know'! But it's apparently from the 27th April so not too long to wait.
Which route has the most frequency on a saturday please

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)