Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I'd just laugh if all of this was false and none of it actually happened. :P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/06/2012 22:54)P528LND Wrote:  Well, by the saying of 'Good things come to those who wait', I personally think it's a waste spending this much time on a subject that will come to light in the future. Instead of speculating, why don't we wait and see?

Another point is, instead of cluttering this thread with this discussion, could we move it to the actual existing thread to do with the sales of FirstGroup depots? I may sound silly but it's irritating me each time I see something about it since it may not even happen yet, and my personal view is the likelihood of it happening is slim.

I agree, move this to its proper thread, and keep the key word of speculation, at the forfront of minds. Its hard to know if this will happen, as last time I looked who has a crystal ball, in there pocket. But of course depot sales aside first needs to make money. And what does every company do with loss making parts of its business, it gets rid of them, and wheather its First bus arriva, stagecoach, or whoever its all the same.
(30/06/2012 23:20)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I'd just laugh if all of this was false and none of it actually happened. :P

It isn't false I'm affraid it is happening WN makes a loss.

Loss making businesses including bus depots either get sold or closed or have a financial turn around plan.

The fleet at Wigan which is probably the worst in the whole of the First Manchester company proves the fact its making no money.

Plus Pensioners Free Fairs, High general fairs, High Unermployment in Wigan which is increasing, High Car usage, other operators in Wigan, High Fuel Costs drops in Subsidy, Sorry its loss making pure and simple.

Many internal people have speld it out that its fopr sale including Drivers at Wigan depot itself so I understand from other sources.

So this is the last I will say on it, but it is going, so expect Bryn to close, yes its sad but thats reality in a business thats losing money, pure and simple, I should know seeing as I've a Business Studies Degree.

Sadly yes Bryn should of had a good life, but its not likely to be as it was a mangement mistake, several Banks now own FirstGroup and they are just there to allow them to repay a large loan that was taken on by purchasing lots of companies without thought as to how all the money was going to be paid back out of existing profits without going into a loss, to be fair to First they wheren't the only company, the firsm I work for foolishly did the same as did about 1 in 5 of all UK Companies in the boom without thought to what might happen in a recession.

Hence the underlying reasons.

Sorry some people might not liike this but this is the state that buying comnpanies without thought as to how you might repay the loan leaves you in, the banks take control and all they want to do is return the money they are owed wether they order you to sell the entire group or order you to close things they care not, but lets face it banks care about nobody but themselves.
i 100 percent you on that question is who will take the risk on taking a depot when england has no cash to spend

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/07/2012 00:12)gilesbus1 Wrote:  
(30/06/2012 23:20)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I'd just laugh if all of this was false and none of it actually happened. :P

It isn't false I'm affraid it is happening WN makes a loss.

Loss making businesses including bus depots either get sold or closed or have a financial turn around plan.

The fleet at Wigan which is probably the worst in the whole of the First Manchester company proves the fact its making no money.

Plus Pensioners Free Fairs, High general fairs, High Unermployment in Wigan which is increasing, High Car usage, other operators in Wigan, High Fuel Costs drops in Subsidy, Sorry its loss making pure and simple.

Many internal people have speld it out that its fopr sale including Drivers at Wigan depot itself so I understand from other sources.

So this is the last I will say on it, but it is going, so expect Bryn to close, yes its sad but thats reality in a business thats losing money, pure and simple, I should know seeing as I've a Business Studies Degree.

Sadly yes Bryn should of had a good life, but its not likely to be as it was a mangement mistake, several Banks now own FirstGroup and they are just there to allow them to repay a large loan that was taken on by purchasing lots of companies without thought as to how all the money was going to be paid back out of existing profits without going into a loss, to be fair to First they wheren't the only company, the firsm I work for foolishly did the same as did about 1 in 5 of all UK Companies in the boom without thought to what might happen in a recession.

Hence the underlying reasons.

Sorry some people might not liike this but this is the state that buying comnpanies without thought as to how you might repay the loan leaves you in, the banks take control and all they want to do is return the money they are owed wether they order you to sell the entire group or order you to close things they care not, but lets face it banks care about nobody but themselves.

Fantastic post, I play devils advocate on this, but my overall opinion is, company makes a loss, what do they do, ignore it. Carry on as normal, no.These are hard competitive times. WN does make a loss, First will play the no comment card all day long, mainly for the sake of the staff.But I agree with you totally, great points. People forget the bigger picture Shy
I must say, I am most impressed with the kids driving citaros on the 510s out of Bury Depot. 60259 was being driven by a proper boy racer, today 20 ish long curly hair, so much so I dont think he could see where the break was, or where to stop. As he was going that fast and upsetting all the old dears going miles past the stops.

meanwhile Bolton Depot continue, to put there crap on hybrid route 512/513, by using darts 40349 and 40357 on it. Total rust buckets, where were the hybrids Id like to know
First have dropped themselves in their own sh*t to be honest, with the prices of the fares it's cheaper to get a taxi! (I've heard and seen many people saying and doing this myself). The X34, 540 and 600 are always extremely busy (I live nearby and use such services every day, so please don't try to tell me things about them if you don't use them on an almost daily basis). Every day I've got the 600/see the 600 in the past couple of weeks it's had at least a 3/4 load. So hopefully another operator will take on those services. I'd like to see Arriva on them personally, or South Lancs Travel. Smile It would be good to see South Lancs venture into Manchester!
thats he 2 companys i want! it would make the arriva day rider worth more but SLT have the best qualiy service i ever seen

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(Second time I've asked this but due to the overrunning discussion of depot sales nobody noticed it)

Can someone give me a list of all double deckers branded with the LOOK branding for the 17/18? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
37396 BN B9 ON 36 Yesterday in new livery

User(s) browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)