Current time: 28/04/2024, 17:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Wonder why the 2 41s were running round together, surely one of them should have been turned at Ashton and put back on its time.

As for 348/350s I think Pioneer must be short of B9s as the other day when I was in Ashton I noticed their remaining Dennis Arrow on 348.

Also not to sure how true this is but I've also heard that Oldham do 387s on Saturday's, if this is true it will be interesting to know what Oldham use
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/11/2013 07:28)M60lad Wrote:  Wonder why the 2 41s were running round together, surely one of them should have been turned at Ashton and put back on its time.

As for 348/350s I think Pioneer must be short of B9s as the other day when I was in Ashton I noticed their remaining Dennis Arrow on 348.

Also not to sure how true this is but I've also heard that Oldham do 387s on Saturday's, if this is true it will be interesting to know what Oldham use

That's exactly what I was thinking regarding regarding the 41. The a First inspector didn't look too bothered though as he chatted with the bus station supervisor as both 41s sat on the Dukinfield stand. Surly it would have made more sense to send one back onto the Crowhill section and the other on the Dukinfield stretch.

As for the 387's. It's virtually always Solo's so if Oldham do do Saturday 387s then their almost certainly using Solos.
(08/11/2013 17:31)Mayneway Wrote:  Pioneer seemed to be really struggling today. B9 broken down on Penny Meadow causing loads of problems.
41s running together (even though its a 30 min service), both were driving over crowhill together.
Also noticed two Solos on 350's today and 2 Olympians on 348's, is it me or have Pioneer lost some B9s?

37438 fixed now and back running today i only saw one solo 53148 on 348/350s 34088 had come of school service as for 387s why would OM run them just on a Saturday
I caught an 18 from Middleton to Shudehill just before midnight last night. In the opposite direction I saw a 17, an 18 and a 163 all together! Nothing like spreading them out to help passengers....

Apparently the OFT will report on the First takeover of EYMS Finglands on December 3rd http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/mergers/Mergers_Cases/
Odd working yesterday saw one of Pioneers Marshall Darts on 348/350 circuit and even managed a trip to Oldham and back yesterday afternoon

Have any of Pioneer's Geminis been sent back to Oldham only this could be the reason why Pioneer are short of Geminis at the moment and are having to use various types on 348/350s.

As for my query regarding 387s, it looks like Pioneer are still doing them despite what I've been told, although for some reason 40325 was allocated to 387s yesterday, seemed odd as its usually the later Solos that operate the service.

Also it seems that Oldham Depot do all duties on 64s on Saturdays now and all buses on there yesterday seemed to be B7s with 66862 & 66863 seen along with another one that I cant remember the fleetnumber of
Oldham havd a citaro on the 409 today
Don't know what's going on at Oldham today but so far this afternoon I've seen the following:

Marshall Dart on 149 (Usually a B9 or Enviro 400)
Citaro on 181 (Normally a B7 or Gemini/Enviro 400)

Either Oldham are short of vehicles or its a different router that routed out the vehicles for today
(10/11/2013 13:33)M60lad Wrote:  Don't know what's going on at Oldham today but so far this afternoon I've seen the following:

Marshall Dart on 149 (Usually a B9 or Enviro 400)
Citaro on 181 (Normally a B7 or Gemini/Enviro 400)

Either Oldham are short of vehicles or its a different router that routed out the vehicles for today

Oldham depot's allocations have been a little bit over the place in the last few weeks. B7RLEs and B9TLs on the 184 to Huddersfield, Citaro and a Dart on the 83, Enviro300 and a Dart on the 58.

(09/11/2013 22:48)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Apparently the OFT will report on the First takeover of EYMS Finglands on December 3rd http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/mergers/Mergers_Cases/

Was wondering when this was going to be. Noticed that some Finglands vehicles have had their names scrapped off in preparation for their migration to East Yorkshire. Assuming it all goes well, I imagine that around Christmas/New Year would be the time for the transfer, ready for the return of students to the universities after the holidays.
(10/11/2013 07:50)M60lad Wrote:  Odd working yesterday saw one of Pioneers Marshall Darts on 348/350 circuit and even managed a trip to Oldham and back yesterday afternoon

Have any of Pioneer's Geminis been sent back to Oldham only this could be the reason why Pioneer are short of Geminis at the moment and are having to use various types on 348/350s.

As for my query regarding 387s, it looks like Pioneer are still doing them despite what I've been told, although for some reason 40325 was allocated to 387s yesterday, seemed odd as its usually the later Solos that operate the service.

Also it seems that Oldham Depot do all duties on 64s on Saturdays now and all buses on there yesterday seemed to be B7s with 66862 & 66863 seen along with another one that I cant remember the fleetnumber of

just got weekly report tonight and no none of the B9s have gone back to Oldham
(10/11/2013 11:40)jimbo Wrote:  Oldham havd a citaro on the 409 today

Speaking of that, several citaros were branded for the 409 7+ years back.
I can recall 60237/9, 42 to 45 and 47 being branded for the 409.
Does anyone know which majority of the 60 citaro batch that were branded for the 58/59 82/83 and 409 routes? Some remained unbranded

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)