Current time: 27/04/2024, 23:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/08/2013 08:25)M60lad Wrote:  I've probably asked this before but how do you get hold of Weekly Reports from First Manchester, are they just available to employees of First Manchester?

the guy who does the PSV circle newssheet it is mainly bus fans or bus drivers he also does Finglands, Stagecoach Manchester/Wigan Selwyns and Shearings
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/08/2013 22:00)casual observer Wrote:  I'm not too sure where reference has been drawn regarding the profile of the Finglands fleet being predominantly step entrance, this is simply not the case. Finglands at most have 2 step entrance vehicles on their books with the remainder of the fleet being made up of Dennis Tridents and LF Volvo double deckers, with a handful of B10BLE's and some Dart slfs. With the exception of the 2 R plate Olympians the fleet is made up entirely of low floor buses from 13 years of age to 4 which I wouldn't deem particularly old, and likley to have a similar average age profile to First Manchester's existing fleet.

Don't forget that First have only brought the route licences, NOT the vehicles. All of the Finglands buses are to be moved to Yorkshire, upon take-over. First will be using their own buses, from day one.
can anyone who sees first Manchester buses on loan to Finglands in the days up to and after take over subject to OFT cleanressn post fleet numbers on here thanks
Do first pay rent for the "lay over" parking bay at Oldham bus station (small part) or is it a free for all? First seem to think they own it but unlike Rochdale the bay doesn't have FM on it to show this.
(05/08/2013 09:57)jimbo Wrote:  Do first pay rent for the "lay over" parking bay at Oldham bus station (small part) or is it a free for all? First seem to think they own it but unlike Rochdale the bay doesn't have FM on it to show this.

when i have been there it has been the depots service van mainly
Spoke to the pte, it is a free for all, but first need it the most... so I was in my rights parking there for 20mins...
(05/08/2013 09:47)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(02/08/2013 22:00)casual observer Wrote:  I'm not too sure where reference has been drawn regarding the profile of the Finglands fleet being predominantly step entrance, this is simply not the case. Finglands at most have 2 step entrance vehicles on their books with the remainder of the fleet being made up of Dennis Tridents and LF Volvo double deckers, with a handful of B10BLE's and some Dart slfs. With the exception of the 2 R plate Olympians the fleet is made up entirely of low floor buses from 13 years of age to 4 which I wouldn't deem particularly old, and likley to have a similar average age profile to First Manchester's existing fleet.

Don't forget that First have only brought the route licences, NOT the vehicles. All of the Finglands buses are to be moved to Yorkshire, upon take-over. First will be using their own buses, from day one.

According to the press release last week Finglands vehicles may be used initially after the takeover.
B7RLE (69196 if I saw correctly) heading out of the city down Oxford Road out of service this afternoon around 5.45pm. Not sure what its reason for being there was though.
34088/92/93/102 on loan to pioneer today
Not sure how long its been back or whether its a loan but I'm sure I've just seen 37551 operating out of Oldham Depot on 181/182s heading down Broadway in Chadderton, I'm sure this is one of the ones recently transferred to Bury Depot, seems a right Merry Go Round going on again at the moment

Also I saw Oldham Depot's 13 plate Enviro 400 yesterday morning looking rather smart, think it was on driver familiarization duties

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)