Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
So could suit the 81 quite well
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There is talk though a batch of these Streelites could in future be coming to First Manchester (not sure which Depot/s though) as probable Dart/B6 replacements, not sure why they'd be too big for 415s though, think they would be good for the route in my opinion especially at peak times, they could also be ideal as replacements for the current Solo fleet at Oldham Depot.

But yes this one in theory is supposedly heading to Pennine shortly for trials on their routes although not sure when as I was led to believe once it was plated up it was supposed to have left Oldham
The 415 goes under a bridge near greengate, it is ewsy in a dart, apparently with guide from an inspector a citaro just about made it under but they had to go onto the pubs car park... So i doubt they would use vehicles that long on it
Regarding Grimshaw Lane/Foxdenton Lane railway bridge on 415 route, one type of vehicle that just fis under the bridge is the Renown Volvo B10BLEs as I remembers years ago when Oldham Depot were short of vehicles they borrowed a few from Queens Road and one found its way onto 415s, I actually had a ride on it from Middleton and was surprised that it cleared the bridge no problem but none have been used since, infact the B10BLE Stotts have got always heads up Broadway to Newman College in the afternoon after doing its School Service from Cardinal Langle-Alkrington

As for the Citaroes I've always been led to believe they were banned because of the pod's on top of the vehicles
The 415 was a long time ago run by Leyland Nationals! We can't rule anything out really. And I once saw a B7RLE on the route when they were a year old, though I was told by a driver the B7RLE in question came back not too late after it went out due to damage to the pods on the top... I know that JPT used Centro's, Primo's and Enviro200's on the route so they are definitely capable, and thinking about it the Streetlites have a curved roof, as does the bridge at Foxdenton, so it could be quite possible. I've got my eye on the 425 and 81 for new buses soon though, I mean the B7RLE's are easily becoming old vehicles now, which for core routes, aren't really what you'd expect. The maxi Streetlites are easily as capable capacity wise as the B7RLE's were so really only time will tell.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Maybe, would be interesting. But new drivers taking a b7 under that bridge will be interesting... We shall see what happens
I didn't say anything about B7RLEs doing the 415 again, and it won't ever happen because if what happened back then. Wink

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Considering its now been plated up does anybody know when the Streetlite is going to Pennine on trials only I believe that's its still parked up at Oldham Depot for some reason
33751 broken down on Hollins Road at dinnertime today. Was bound for Manchester on the 184.
On my bus home on the 237 to Hadfield, Glossop bound, my bus were tailing B7 37460 which seemed to have finished a school run in Mottram. It continued through Hollingworth and across the border into Derbyshire which is a very rare sight. The bus then performed a u-turn at a roundabout like junction on the edge of Tintwistle.
Think drivers usually are instructed to take the roundabout within Longdendale School premises en-route back dead to Oldham. But seeing its Friday Longdendale may have closed their gates early so the driver most preferably had to take the alternative turn around just out side Greater Manchester into Derbyshire.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)