Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(17/08/2019 16:07)AlexBus12 Wrote:  With the slow withdrawal from Ashton and other local routes recieving the chop, looks like they're trying to make it look attractive for a buyer

I assume it will be sold soon as First will probably keen to sell it what would happen to the 2 tendered Bolton routes or would they be retendered if Oldham was sold before the current tenders end
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/08/2019 20:02)darylyates17 Wrote:  I assume it will be sold soon as First will probably keen to sell it what would happen to the 2 tendered Bolton routes or would they be retendered if Oldham was sold before the current tenders end

Possibly just run out with the vantage routes from arriva bolton depot.
Regarding the 2 Bolton tenders (2 & 68) from information I've recieved recently, the only reason why Oldham Depot are operating these is that due to maintenance problems and failure of running tendered services Diamond Northwest have been banned for the time being from bidding and operating any future tendered services they can still operate the ones they've got but not any others which includes 2 & 68.

As for what happens to these when Oldham eventually gets sold I'm inclided to think they'll got to whoever gets the Depot as all routes/depot and maybe vehicles will be included in the deal.
(18/08/2019 07:20)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the 2 Bolton tenders (2 & 68) from information I've recieved recently, the only reason why Oldham Depot are operating these is that due to maintenance problems and failure of running tendered services Diamond Northwest have been banned for the time being from bidding and operating any future tendered services they can still operate the ones they've got but not any others which includes 2 & 68.

As for what happens to these when Oldham eventually gets sold I'm inclided to think they'll got to whoever gets the Depot as all routes/depot and maybe vehicles will be included in the deal.
Most probably explains why tfgm are always noting stuff down in wigan bus station when diamond pull onto the stands etc.
There's one tfgm supervisor in wigan bus station and i think he doesnt like diamond as he is always chasing them up and down the bus station making notes in his notepad.
As far as I know the notepad as you put it Mark is and should only be used for chasing up their (TfGM) tendered services and noting them down if anything untowards happens for example late running or or services not showing up.

Every so often a Supervisor will be out and about on Station doing their tendered hour keeping an eye out on all tendered services and other services using the Bus Station making sure everything is keeping to some sort of timetable and if not finding out what the problems are and getting onto the relevant company to let them know or asking them what the problem/s are.
Well there's one on wigan and is always noting stuff down when diamond pull on or off the stand quite regularly.
(18/08/2019 07:20)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the 2 Bolton tenders (2 & 68) from information I've recieved recently, the only reason why Oldham Depot are operating these is that due to maintenance problems and failure of running tendered services Diamond Northwest have been banned for the time being from bidding and operating any future tendered services they can still operate the ones they've got but not any others which includes 2 & 68.

A quick one when the 2 & 68 tenders expire?
Seen on Bus & Rail Forum today, Oldham sale abandoned by First ad no acceptable bids received.
(22/08/2019 08:15)Rodney259 Wrote:  Seen on Bus & Rail Forum today, Oldham sale abandoned by First ad no acceptable bids received.

Not surprising when they have completely over valued it.
So what happens to Oldham now does it stay as it is? Or will they revalue the depot and try for another sale?

User(s) browsing this thread: 86 Guest(s)