Current time: 08/05/2024, 04:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(16/06/2017 20:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  I asked First Manchester on Twitter today if the Bendies are to be Withdrawn and they confirmed they are indeed being Withdrawn, no mention of what will replace them tho

I wouldn't trust answers of in depth questions from the Twitter team, they get no information on fleets etc, there merely there to provide service updates. fleet moves/withdrawals are organised high up in management with the depots actual fleet engineer and engineering manager only coming into the equation when it's actually happening so Twitter are much further down the ladder than that. They are spending a fortune on the Scanias at the minute, bringing them up to Bolton's standard (considerably higher than Burys standards) so don't expect them to go anywhere soon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And in other news, 66850 has returned to its homeland from Ipswich, parked up in Bolton now.
(21/06/2017 00:33)Solo40336 Wrote:  And in other news, 66850 has returned to its homeland from Ipswich, parked up in Bolton now.

Ooo. Is it a permanent transfer or just on loan?
(21/06/2017 03:01)Alexw12 Wrote:  Ooo. Is it a permanent transfer or just on loan?

Well it being sent back i heard as Bolton have rejected it on MOT grounds
(21/06/2017 22:52)Kieran_Wilkins1997 Wrote:  Well it being sent back i heard as Bolton have rejected it on MOT grounds

That's not true, they don't get to "reject" buses transferred to them.

66893 has arrived from Ipswich as well, and looks as if 67406 is due to be transferred out.
Well i know arriva can reject a bus thats getting transferred in as st helens as sent 2675 back to green lane for not having more than 3 months left on its m.o.t as 3012 came in its place.
Then we sent a centro 2616 back to winsford due to the amount of jobs that needed doing to it.
(22/06/2017 19:29)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Well i know arriva can reject a bus thats getting transferred in as st helens as sent 2675 back to green lane for not having more than 3 months left on its m.o.t as 3012 came in its place.
Then we sent a centro 2616 back to winsford due to the amount of jobs that needed doing to it.

Fleet movements between divisions aren't arranged by the division, there arranged by someone in Head Office who works off what each division requests and what there is spare throughout the nationwide company. If they were going to send a bus back because it's not got more than 3 months MOT then it's something else, whoever organises the movement will be well aware of what requires doing to the vehicle and a usually when a vehicle arrives at it's new division, it's then 100% down to them to deal with, if it's due MOT or inspection, it's there bus now after all. As for the amount of work required to a newly introduced vehicle, something else is wrong there. If it's in an awful condition and management see that, then the work would be carried out at it's new depot but come out of its old depots budget, there's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than people think.
Im aware of the fleet manager who arranges the fleet movements and orders new veichles as i talk to arriva's one personally who as explained the terms and conditions of transferring veichles with in the company to full detail.
A depot can refuse the veichle if its got less than 3 months m.o.t or if once they do there own inspection on receipt of the veichle and as too many jobs on it they may return it.
Then its down to the departing depot to either repair it or fleet allocator to replace it with another veichle as is what happened with 2675 due to less than 3 months m.o.t and 2616 which had a long list of repairs that needed doing.
Hence 3012 came into replace 2675 which I believe we was going to get eventually anyway and 2614 came in to replace 2616
(22/06/2017 21:12)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Im aware of the fleet manager who arranges the fleet movements and orders new veichles as i talk to arriva's one personally who as explained the terms and conditions of transferring veichles with in the company to full detail.
A depot can refuse the veichle if its got less than 3 months m.o.t or if once they do there own inspection on receipt of the veichle and as too many jobs on it they may return it.
Then its down to the departing depot to either repair it or fleet allocator to replace it with another veichle as is what happened with 2675 due to less than 3 months m.o.t and 2616 which had a long list of repairs that needed doing.
Hence 3012 came into replace 2675 which I believe we was going to get eventually anyway and 2614 came in to replace 2616

Arriva definitely work differently to most other places then, in this case regarding 66850, paperwork would have been sent up before the bus leaves Ipswich showing its MOT date, they would have been aware what vehicle they are recieving and would be able to check MOT date + all 28 day inspection sheets and see what condition the vehicle is in, again in this case the bus never moved from where it was parked and is somehow "deemed unfit" and dispatched back down in less than 24 hours....
(22/06/2017 19:14)Solo40336 Wrote:  66893 has arrived from Ipswich as well, and looks as if 67406 is due to be transferred out.

66893 is a Oldham bus?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 44 Guest(s)