Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
67410 has made a rare appearance on the 524
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/05/2017 08:00)Mayneway Wrote:  Would you like a medal?

Funny how my friend, who lives in Manchester, travels daily on Firsts Oxford road services, sometimes 4-5 times a day, knew absolutely nothing about the fare rises. Even the driver commented how many people have genuinely been caught out by the sudden increase. That to me suggests First need to try and communicate a little better with their passengers.

Maybe so, but you don't need to get so uppity with me about it. If you have a problem with First's lack of on-bus communication, then I suggest you contact them yourself. In this day and age, most people who would opt to pay that fare would have access to social media, so there are ways of finding out, and all it takes is a "like" or a "follow" and the information is supplied.
(15/05/2017 19:37)Nicholas Wrote:  Maybe so, but you don't need to get so uppity with me about it. If you have a problem with First's lack of on-bus communication, then I suggest you contact them yourself. In this day and age, most people who would opt to pay that fare would have access to social media, so there are ways of finding out, and all it takes is a "like" or a "follow" and the information is supplied.

I'm not being uppity, but your comment is as helpful and useful as a chocolate fire guard. How the hell do you know most people who pay that fare have access to social media ? It's a very ignorant assumption, and funnily enough he does use social media and actually in the past used the first app to pay for fares, he's always getting bumf of First yet nothing about the increases.
Very surprised 66864 is at Botlon depot, since its wearing a full back advertisement for Oldham sixform/ college
Did the Citaros from Bury go to Oldham?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/05/2017 15:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  Did the Citaros from Bury go to Oldham?

Yes, all of them. Also all the ALX's went to Oldham too
(16/05/2017 15:02)Alexw12 Wrote:  Very surprised 66864 is at Botlon depot, since its wearing a full back advertisement for Oldham sixform/ college

Probably just a loan maybe to replace 69204.
66864 the B7 with the rear advert for Oldham Sixth Form College actually came from Bury Depot and not Oldham Depot, it had been at Bury Depot for a while, can't remember when it was last allocated to Oldham Depot.
Something that hasn't been mentioned is that Oldham Depot's 415 service is currently on diversion for the forseeable future due to the failure of the Hydralic Lift Bridge over the Rochdale Canal on Foxdenton Lane which is stuck in the lift position, buses are being diverted via Broadway, Broadgate and Foxdenton Lane.
Enviro400 3372x (either 0 or 3) operating on the V1 this morning. Was a surprise seeing that on the route, more surprising seeing where it was, which was doing a 3-point turn on Chepstow Road just after McDonalds near the junction of Oxford Road. Driver going the wrong way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 70 Guest(s)