Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(03/01/2021 19:16)NathanR Wrote:  Looking at Bustimes apparantly 4631 was on some route called the ER1, what is ER1?

Possibly EMERGENCY RAIL 1 if trains were off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/01/2021 23:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Possibly EMERGENCY RAIL 1 if trains were off.
Looking at the tracking map on bustimes, that makes a sma bit of sense but not a lot. Started at Rice Lane/Walton, to Sandhills then into Liverpool but stops tracking in Great Howard Street. 13 mins later (presumably goes via Moorfields) is tracking outside Lime Street goes to Brunswick Station, Serves St Michaels then goes down Jericho Lane and stops tracking again.

If it was a Northern Line replacement, why was it serving Lime Street? Don't Northern Line RRBs just miss out Lime Street/Central and just do Moorfields as then they can go down the strand to Brunswick?
I then question why did it go down Jericho Lane and stop tracking. A Northern Line RRB shouldn't be going down Jericho Lane surely as there are no RRB stops down there.

Seems like a strange RRB service. Walton/Rice Lane to St Michaels.
(04/01/2021 00:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  Looking at the tracking map on bustimes, that makes a sma bit of sense but not a lot. Started at Rice Lane/Walton, to Sandhills then into Liverpool but stops tracking in Great Howard Street. 13 mins later (presumably goes via Moorfields) is tracking outside Lime Street goes to Brunswick Station, Serves St Michaels then goes down Jericho Lane and stops tracking again.

If it was a Northern Line replacement, why was it serving Lime Street? Don't Northern Line RRBs just miss out Lime Street/Central and just do Moorfields as then they can go down the strand to Brunswick?
I then question why did it go down Jericho Lane and stop tracking. A Northern Line RRB shouldn't be going down Jericho Lane surely as there are no RRB stops down there.

Seems like a strange RRB service. Walton/Rice Lane to St Michaels.

When ever rail reps are running they use lime street as the boarding/alighting place for central station due to restricted places to park outside central station.
Lime street as enough space without causing obstruction to other veichles.
Talking of other vehicles, I wonder how many have been caught out using the bus gate on Hanover Street? It’s clearly signed yet I still see many non-taxi looking cars (without taxi plates/stickers etc) using it in the direction of Liverpool One.
(04/01/2021 08:14)motormayhem1 Wrote:  When ever rail reps are running they use lime street as the boarding/alighting place for central station due to restricted places to park outside central station.
Lime street as enough space without causing obstruction to other veichles.
I know that Centrals rail replacement stop is Lime Street but I thought more often than not, Northern Line replacements just served Moorfields, as I say so then they can go straight down The Strand. Wirral Line I know normally does Moorfields then Lime Street because it's next to the tunnel and then back to the Wirral.

Either way, even if it did serve Lime street, that doesn't explain the very strange service (unless other sections didn't track)
(04/01/2021 13:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  I know that Centrals rail replacement stop is Lime Street but I thought more often than not, Northern Line replacements just served Moorfields, as I say so then they can go straight down The Strand. Wirral Line I know normally does Moorfields then Lime Street because it's next to the tunnel and then back to the Wirral.

Either way, even if it did serve Lime street, that doesn't explain the very strange service (unless other sections didn't track)

Does it matter? MM has explained service ER1 adequately enough

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(04/01/2021 13:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  I know that Centrals rail replacement stop is Lime Street but I thought more often than not, Northern Line replacements just served Moorfields, as I say so then they can go straight down The Strand. Wirral Line I know normally does Moorfields then Lime Street because it's next to the tunnel and then back to the Wirral.

All lines(replacement) serve lime street , I've been doing them for 14 years while I've been with arriva and every one of them have served lime street regardless of being northern line or wirral line as it's what merseyrail want.
The only ones that terminate at moorfeilds are the ones merseyrail ask for.
Northern Line rail replacements always used to start at Great Charlotte Street. I remember Bootle's ramshackle R-WVRs, a mainstay of rail reps for years, packed into the bus stop there. It must have been around 2006-07 that the move to the St George's Hall stop was implemented; I distinctly remember the first rail reps after the move causing all sorts of confusion at Central station with passengers wrongly told to go to Great Charlotte Street.

Since then, they have normally served both Moorfields and St George's Hall, apart from the Hunts Cross line buses which generally do not serve Moorfields.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Does anyone know if 2526 has returned to Bootle as it’s been tracking on Rail replacements?
(14/01/2021 10:53)Busmadperson Wrote:  Does anyone know if 2526 has returned to Bootle as it’s been tracking on Rail replacements?

Nope, it’s parked in Rhyl VOR

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)