Current time: 08/05/2024, 14:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
2720 is quite decent for its age along with 2730.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/09/2016 21:39)childwallblues Wrote:  2716-21 were heavily used on the 79 at Speke until replaced by Geminis at the start of 2012.

Until the commanders came back from Manchester they were also the 'best' buses for the route being used from the first bus of the day until the last!

They also didn't have much of an easy life at Green Lane having to deal with the national speed limit roads of Cronton doing what was basically a non-stop run due to timings to and from Warrington
(04/09/2016 22:36)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Until the commanders came back from Manchester they were also the 'best' buses for the route being used from the first bus of the day until the last!
Correct. They were great buses.
T42PVM is however entitled to his own opinion but I totally disagree with him.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(05/09/2016 05:03)childwallblues Wrote:  Correct. They were great buses.
T42PVM is however entitled to his own opinion but I totally disagree with him.

I've always been very fond of these buses. Good turn of speed, copes with bumps really well and they brake very well though much of that is to with the driver. Only downsides is the shabby steering wheel, metal seat backs and some dails don't work. I do hope some move on to pastures new with new operators though I very much doubt the original St Helens examples will be turning a wheel once withdrawn.
2717 has an engine problem, runs fine and the distinct noise is still there but it has a knocking noise under acceleration from being idle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They cant be that good as 2716,2717 and 2719 was going to be Withdrawn at first as Motormayham stated they where in the worst condition of the lot

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
2716/17/19 are the most problematic as continuous problems was seeing regular sign offs.
Having driven all of them they are by far worse than st helens original batch.
(05/09/2016 08:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  They cant be that good as 2716,2717 and 2719 was going to be Withdrawn at first as Motormayham stated they where in the worst condition of the lot

How was 2716, 2717 and 2719 in bad condition? Externally, internally or was it underneath?
(05/09/2016 11:48)RedPanda Wrote:  How was 2716, 2717 and 2719 in bad condition? Externally, internally or was it underneath?

Mechanically as they where quite problematic at st helens.
2716 and 2719 both broke down on their way to their new Depot, So much for them being good Buses..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Fots on the destination boards have changed, most noticable is Earlestown 20 which now covers half the board

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)