Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(27/06/2016 09:43)Phil Wrote:  One to avoid in my book. Can't stand Cadets.

Prefer a cadet to a pulsar, its a commandor but a tad shorter plus you don't get the racket from the engine. One I was on a few week ago can't remember which but a pulsar 2 in the cream and green livery was extremely quiet pulling off. Far nicer than any other I've heard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/06/2016 17:37)RedPanda Wrote:  Prefer a cadet to a pulsar, its a commandor but a tad shorter plus you don't get the racket from the engine. One I was on a few week ago can't remember which but a pulsar 2 in the cream and green livery was extremely quiet pulling off. Far nicer than any other I've heard.

The VDL Cadets and VDL Commanders aren't that similar. They're on different chassis and have different engines (Commander - Cummins ISB 5.9 6-cyl; Cadet - Cummins 4BT 4-cyl)

Personally I find the Cadets are louder than the Pulsars and the Commanders. Out of the three types I find the Commanders provide the smoothest and quietest ride followed by the Pulsars
Find all posts by this user
Speaking of Commanders 2574 has been involved in a very bad RTA by St Helens Bus Station, Driver trapped in cab but he seems to be ok just very angry as he about to finish and go home

Photos of 2574 on the St Helens Star Website

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/14583.../?ref=fbpg

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(27/06/2016 19:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  Speaking of Commanders 2574 has been involved in a very bad RTA by St Helens Bus Station, Driver trapped in cab but he seems to be ok just very angry as he about to finish and go home

Photos of 2574 on the St Helens Star Website

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/14583.../?ref=fbpg

Hope everyone involved is OK, but looking at the pics don't think it will be back out any time soon

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Looking at the photos the Driver was still in Cab waiting to be cut out so will be worse off now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Nasty! Guessing in needs much more than a few plasters and bandages
I have seen the vehicle in question and I would be very surprised if it gets repaired. The damage is severe. The car has hit the drivers side near the battery and then the bus has been sent onto the pavement and hit various objects. As the bus is not to blame I would expect Arriva to simply claim from the cars insurance and scrap the bus for spares.
Ouch for that drivers insurance then. If the bus is this bad god help the car then are there any other photos?
It doesnt look clear from that news did the driver pull out or was it head on
The car driver pulled out from the train station side street straight in font of the bus.
How fast was the car going to push it on to the kerb?

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)