Current time: 08/05/2024, 10:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I think its 4 or 5 minutes. Its complicated. They move the goalposts all of the time regarding late running, like when, where, and how.. But if you're late, you get paid accordingly. And yes, they have a form which you fill in all your details, reason's why etc.

Managers never get on your back regarding running to your board, unless they see reason to, but it is rare. The biggest problem we have is the inconsistencies with each supervisor on duty regarding late running. They each work differently. Some will adjust you realistically, some unrealistically, other's won't at all. Somewhere along the line, if you're late, it will end up belly up if its not dealt with, more so during the day/evening.

TT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Also applies if your over-run into your meal break too.

Yes, the GM area was always protective of its own network, it was great in the 90's when we done Manchester's. Made quite a few friends from GM Buses in Wigan and Bolton. Happy Days.

TT
(15/11/2015 14:24)tinytears87 Wrote:  Also applies if your over-run into your meal break too.

Yes, the GM area was always protective of its own network, it was great in the 90's when we done Manchester's. Made quite a few friends from GM Buses in Wigan and Bolton. Happy Days.

TT

Out of interest, are meal breaks always scheduled at times when you might actually want to have a meal? -- I'm just thinking that say if all drivers were given half an hour off some time between 12:00 and 2pm, it just wouldn't work (e.g. a 10A leaving Saint Helens just before 12:00 won't get back till after 2pm), so some drivers must have "lunch" at about 3/4pm?!
I know this could well be specific to St Helens depot and might work differently in different depots/companies.
St Helens Depot does have a couple of splits Dutys where Drivers do 32s or 32A in the morning then come back in the afternoon and do 32s or 32As again

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/11/2015 19:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  St Helens Depot does have a couple of splits Dutys where Drivers do 32s or 32A in the morning then come back in the afternoon and do 32s or 32As again

Bet they're the most hated duties!
(15/11/2015 20:31)Valandil Wrote:  Bet they're the most hated duties!

Apparently there is Drivers out there who do like Split dutys for whatever reason

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Drivers voluntary asked to go on the split rosta as there are only about 7 or 8 drivers on it and that's why it was implemented.
The routes involved in the splits are 10A , 31 , 32A , 33 , 34 , 329 as not all on the same route as there is a bit of a mixture.
(15/11/2015 21:44)Dentonian Wrote:  As for doing a whole day on the same route, that would often be frowned on no matter what type of duty, especially if its a particularly busy route. Mind you "in my day", it was easier to schedule a mix of routes because many routes interworked naturally as part of the day, especially at suburban depots, where efficiency was the most important thing. Not so easy in these days of route branding, variable fares between routes etc.

From what I've seen, there is a high chance of drivers in London doing the same route due to some garages only operating a very small number of routes, with each of these having huge amounts of resources each.
(Somebody please correct me if this is wrong).
According to a post on Facebook 2421 has been collected by PVS for scrap

User(s) browsing this thread: 95 Guest(s)