Current time: 08/05/2024, 05:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I would rather see the DLP's out on lates than a Pulsar/Commander, At the end of the day its still a Decker and some trips on lates still get really busy, the last 10 from Liverpool is the best example i can think of at top of my head

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/11/2015 19:29)wirralbus Wrote:  That still doesn't real answer the question with regards evening services , you could get away with that argument during the daytime .

The 10/10A does not need the full requirement of DD's at night that St Helens have .

I will leave it at that because we are just going round a roundabout without exiting otherwise , pardon the pun.

In the evening the same argument is applicable - vehicle breakdowns can and do happen at any time of the day whether it's 8 o'clock in the morning or 8 o'clock in the evening. When a large number of vehicles are back at the depot for either refuelling, cleaning or maintenance in the evening (and are unavailable for service until the next morning) there are still limited options as to what can go out to replace a vehicle that has broken down. If a single decker is all that's available then that's what goes out - it's a far better option than cancelling a service and losing revenue

It's a shame the DLPs don't get used on anything other than the school/college contracts - as they'd be really useful for extra capacity on other St Helens routes (89 or 352) or as back up for the Enviro400s on the 10/10A. The VLWs that St Helens had seemed to get used on the 10/10A when they were available so I don't understand why the higher capacity DLPs aren't
Find all posts by this user
I used the 10/10A buses on late journeys for two years and, if anything, the lack of capacity is worse at these times. Standing journeys were commonplace and a B10B refusing passengers at the London Road stop was seen several times. I don't think there is any excuse for single deckers on the late workings with so many fewer buses required.
When St Helens gained the two extra deckers from Bootle i would have thought that this sort of thing would have stopped, but things dont always work out that way for various reasons some of which have already been mentioned. Not sure i see the need for people to keep on reporting the use of single deckers anymore though unless it is something really unusual as this has been going on since St Helens first got their Enviro400's and it is getting a bit repetive really.
By all means report, in this case a Commander is something different to otherwise a Pulsar which would be the usual substitute. The reports aren't the problem, its the constant moaners starting the argument again and again and again and again that are the problem.
Yes a commander is different for now, a solo or even still a ble or cadet but a pulsar not really, agreed though it is more the constant complaining that gets repetitive.
3050 on the 352 today and noted that St Helens put 2695 on the working that 723 was on Yesterday on the 352 The Pulsar1's seem to be becoming more common again on the 395/352 along with the interurban Pulsar2's

there was also a Commander on the 20 as well

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Just adding to this......there is no vehicle allocator of a night time, just the shunters who are already busy doing what they should be doing, and these lads do leave a spare bus out on the front,when they can, for you to take, no questions asked. Only a handful of vehicles go out of the garage of a night time. I think it's 2 10A's, 1 x10 (the last one from LPL), and 1 x 89 at 1845. Any other 89's that often get changed, are done so by the drivers themselves in the search for something better. On occasion, you grab a bus that comes in, and take that one straight out. Anyone who knows me, knows that i will take out something different of a night if i want to, because its up to me in the end. I have had 2574 out on 10A's 3 times on my wednesday duty since it cam here, and not filled it once. In Merseybus days, i'd often take out a National. Just chill and enjoy what turns up, especially if its something ' not the norm' !
(13/11/2015 10:22)tinytears87 Wrote:  Just adding to this......there is no vehicle allocator of a night time, just the shunters who are already busy doing what they should be doing, and these lads do leave a spare bus out on the front,when they can, for you to take, no questions asked. Only a handful of vehicles go out of the garage of a night time. I think it's 2 10A's, 1 x10 (the last one from LPL), and 1 x 89 at 1845. Any other 89's that often get changed, are done so by the drivers themselves in the search for something better. On occasion, you grab a bus that comes in, and take that one straight out. Anyone who knows me, knows that i will take out something different of a night if i want to, because its up to me in the end. I have had 2574 out on 10A's 3 times on my wednesday duty since it cam here, and not filled it once. In Merseybus days, i'd often take out a National. Just chill and enjoy what turns up, especially if its something ' not the norm' !

Thank you for the information regarding the night time allocation set up TT, it's always interesting to hear how things work behind the scenes.

I agree with what you're saying, if the 10A had half of its allocation worked by single deckers then it would be a cause of concern and a reason to complain, but as there's usually two on there at most then it could be much worse. After all, as others on this forum have said, it's better to have one bus turn up than none at all - and from an enthusiast point of view, it gives us something to talk about and enjoy if a Commander turns up on the 10A rather than the usual Enviro400.

4600 on 721 school bus

User(s) browsing this thread: 48 Guest(s)