Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Thanks for the info guys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/08/2015 16:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I'm sure I read a post on the Arriva Facebook page within the last few months that St Helens are due more double deckers next year when the Renowns are withdrawn. I'd certainly be interested to see how many and what route(s) they are deployed on if St Helens do indeed receive more double deckers

The number i got quoted was 10 and possibly for the 89.
(10/08/2015 19:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The number i got quoted was 10 and possibly for the 89.

The 89 used to be a decker route many years ago but does it have a PVR of ten?
The 89 has come a long way since the launch of the SMART route in 2004 with the Cadets - if this happens the 89 will have gone from Cadets to Volvos/Pulsars to Deckers in about 12 years.
The Cadets have never really been suited for that route, just to small and perform poor in Speke estate due to the shocking condition of the roads there, The Renowns and Pulsars do ok on there its just certain dutys that could do with Deckers, Converting all dutys to Double Deckers would be an overkill

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/08/2015 19:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The number i got quoted was 10 and possibly for the 89.

Thanks for the confirmation MM. If there's only ten new double deckers due for St Helens next year I'm guessing that the remaining eight buses to replace all eighteen Renowns will probably be newer single deckers from another depot as and when further new double deckers arrive next year

(11/08/2015 00:30)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Cadets have never really been suited for that route, just to small and perform poor in Speke estate due to the shocking condition of the roads there, The Renowns and Pulsars do ok on there its just certain dutys that could do with Deckers, Converting all dutys to Double Deckers would be an overkill

I agree - whilst it's great to see that the 89 could again be benefitting from new stock I don't think that the route needs to have a full double decker allocation. I think the former Green Lane Commanders would be really ideal for the 89 once the Renowns are withdrawn as I've generally found the Commanders to be really suited to longer distance journeys
Some of the traffic calming in some of the estates meant to slow the traffic only succeeds in make the vehicles feel like there coming apart at the seams . I agree those roads in the Speke estate do need to be looked at before throwing deckers on that route , youll have them rattling quickly otherwise.
(11/08/2015 01:07)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Thanks for the confirmation MM. If there's only ten new double deckers due for St Helens next year I'm guessing that the remaining eight buses to replace all eighteen Renowns will probably be newer single deckers from another depot as and when further new double deckers arrive next year

I agree - whilst it's great to see that the 89 could again be benefitting from new stock I don't think that the route needs to have a full double decker allocation. I think the former Green Lane Commanders would be really ideal for the 89 once the Renowns are withdrawn as I've generally found the Commanders to be really suited to longer distance journeys

Especially as some were purchased for long distance travel on the TrawsCambria X32 and X94 in Wales
89 has a PVR of 8 Mon-Sat, 5 SUN

TT
Just a quick one, Was the 89 Service a 20 min service back when the 54 plate Cadets was bought for the route?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 129 Guest(s)