Current time: 08/05/2024, 14:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Would it not be advisable to have the spare if they have to be used to have them on bus routes that circulate through St Helens Bus Station on a more frequent basis than the 352/395 and 89 do.

If a double decker was to go onto either of them routes that's the bus lost for upwards of 2hrs at least. May be good for them routes in question but not what they where bought for though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If they want to keep the spares local on weekdays then can see them on 33 shorts like the DLAs/Geminis did.
(07/01/2015 13:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The only other route they cant go on is the 32A due to a low bridge on the other side of ridgewood drive but I've been told the spares could end up on other routes.

Thanks for the confimation MM. I knew about the 36 and couldn't think of anything else. I don't think the 32A interworks with anything as it has different terminals at both ends compared with the 32.
32A stays seperate and doesn't interwork with anything.
Notice up in depot, 2 Enviro400's due out in service from Monday 11th Jan, on boards 2 and 4, (10's), and 221/223 boards on a saturday.
(07/01/2015 16:07)motormayhem1 Wrote:  32A stays seperate and doesn't interwork with anything.

Again thanks for the confirmation MM.
(07/01/2015 16:22)tinytears87 Wrote:  Notice up in depot, 2 Enviro400's due out in service from Monday 11th Jan, on boards 2 and 4, (10's), and 221/223 boards on a saturday.

So now looks like a staggered introduction then. Interesting.
Presumably they will be 4595 and 4596 - possibly allowing the VLWs returning to their home depots
Whilst we talk about what other routes the Enviro's could be potentially be utilized on, can I just ask if anybody knows the fuel economy/consumption of the various types operated by St Helens?
I've often wondered why on a Sunday it's mainly a Pulsar operation with the said vehicles on local services carrying around mainly fresh air. I am no expert in either the technical aspect of the vehicles or on how to run a bus service - but to me it does not make economic sense to put a full sized vehicle on a route where it's capacity is not needed.
Larger bus - larger weight - bigger/more powerful engine = poor fuel consumption.
So what would be the economic sense in putting 60-70 seat bus on a local route?
More fuel consumption*

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)