Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(25/07/2014 14:52)CX06 EBK Wrote:  I saw a Pulsar with "Happy Retirement" as you mention there heading down Green Lane towards West Derby Road a few weeks ago. Speke also have "Justice for the 96" on theirs as I have seen that displayed on a Gemini.

That one was because one of the Speke 42** gemini's was meant to be the "relief" bus for the Hillsborough remembrance walk, however one of the welsh coaches were used instead, however the gemini was used for publicity with a photo shoot at Green Lane.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 10,s again heaving with people what's up with the management at sthelens or they so thick that they need deckers
To be fair this is an exceptional weekend, St Helens do only have two deckers but I would expect them to use them on 10/10A today though.
Not just the buses feeling the strain this weekend I believe a number of trains have been running full and standing and going past some stations due to being full
(27/07/2014 07:02)M60lad Wrote:  Not just the buses feeling the strain this weekend I believe a number of trains have been running full and standing and going past some stations due to being full

Think if there is another event quite like this one I think there will have to be a lessons learned summit with all train and bus operators.
(27/07/2014 07:02)M60lad Wrote:  Not just the buses feeling the strain this weekend I believe a number of trains have been running full and standing and going past some stations due to being full

That's a bit harsh on those who wanted to get off at the omitted stations ... and a sure way of ensuring the train continues to have a full and standing load Big Grin
The services on the 10/10A corridor over the last few weeks have been poorly planned for. At the start of this month, the parallel rail line was shut - no extra capacity from either Arriva or Stagecoach and now the Giants event. Both of these have been long in the planning and known by the aurhorities for months. Surely both companies could have draftef in deckers for tbe month to covet both events (Stagecoach could have used some of the deckers from Open this weekend on Liverpool services). It's bad planning all round really on what could have been a positive for bus travel generally.
St helens central had roughly 150 people on the platform waiting for a train to liverpool yeasterday due to trains not stopping.
St helens depot have put 2-3 dupes out on the 10 today to help as i know its not much but does help a little.
Wonder what the philosophy of running duplicates is does the dupe operate out of St Helens in service or run to point on the route and start from there , knowing the service bus will not be able to cope from that point on the route.
Does anyone know why the 352 times haven't been adjusted for the summer period?

It seems a little odd as drivers are now sometimes either driving slightly slower than usual, or taking small breaks in order to prevent running ahead of time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)