Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I have done that as well, and then there is the free for all when the bus comes at QS when even if you are there first everybody just pushes past you. QS is a nightmare at times, although sometimes it is easier to go one stop down and get an 8 or 10B, that depends on far you are going. This sort of thing wouldn't stop if we had deckers, but would probably help due to more people fitting on one bus. However, I still don't think we need a whole fleet of deckers for the service but one out of every three would be a big help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Peak hours coming out of liverpool the 10A can be fully seated when leaving james street and fully standing by queen square so loads of people have no choice but to stand back and wait as some people catch the 10c to knotty ash then change over to the 10/10A at that point when a few people have got off .
(10/07/2014 19:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Peak hours coming out of liverpool the 10A can be fully seated when leaving james street and fully standing by queen square so loads of people have no choice but to stand back and wait as some people catch the 10c to knotty ash then change over to the 10/10A at that point when a few people have got off .

Must admit, a lot of the time I now make my up to James Street to catch the bus as it is just so much easier, but it depends where I am in town at the time. Of course not everybody can do that or indeed want to do that.
(10/07/2014 18:10)Dentonian Wrote:  Not a significant variation, and note claims that the overall trend for Manchester is falling. As regards demonising Moss Side - I suggest you stick to 2013 figures, rather than 1983. It is widely reported that Moss Side is now one of the safer Manchester districts. Chorlton, Didsbury, Gorton, Moston are the worst areas - albeit for different reasons.

I would say a crime rate over eight higher for Manchester was significant, but there we are. And I haven't mentioned Moss Side at all.

That said, I know Chorlton fairly well and it's not a particularly bad area, and Didsbury is surely Manchester's most affluent district so I'd disagree there too. But we're venturing too far off topic now, so I'll stop.

As for Saveaways being thrown out of windows, this is something I've never observed either and certainly not typical behaviour associated with the 10 routes.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
To be honest, very few kids get on with saveaways nowadays, compared to other tickets they buy.

TT
I've read with interest the posts that have been placed on the forum the last few days, I've enjoyed it. Love a good debate.
Unfortunately the decisions to be made going forward are going to be made by overpaid bureaucrats who sit in an office staring at spread sheets, full of statistics all day. I've worked my entire adult life I know how it rolls.
Take a moment to put yourself in the place of a passenger, I'm a fare paying passenger and when I pay my fare I want to be able sit down for my journey, travel on a clean bus, travel on a bus that does not want to appear to want to tear itself apart and so give me an headache in the process. Some of those older buses at St Helens are, and let's not sugar coat it are absolutely dreadful. And St Helens gets used as a dumping ground for Liverpools crap buses. Well I say to Arriva management it's insulting to the people of St Helens that we get sh*t buses, and if what I've read on here is accurate there's more on the way. I want the same standard vehicle Speke have! I'm paying the fare just like they are.
Exactly - I had a very squeaky 2259 on the 34 this morning on the way into work. Having a loud squeal every time the vehicle breaks on a 50 minute is a disgrace - if Arriva are so hard up, i'll buy them a tin of WD myself if it gives us a quieter journey. I do feel sorry for the drivers who have to put up with these wrecks for a few hours. For the record - the worst Darts i've come across are 2242, 2249 & 2251. The sooner these heaps leave for the cutters torch, the bettet.
(10/07/2014 21:19)turbo777 Wrote:  Take a moment to put yourself in the place of a passenger, I'm a fare paying passenger and when I pay my fare I want to be able sit down for my journey, travel on a clean bus, travel on a bus that does not want to appear to want to tear itself apart and so give me an headache in the process. Some of those older buses at St Helens are, and let's not sugar coat it are absolutely dreadful. And St Helens gets used as a dumping ground for Liverpools crap buses. Well I say to Arriva management it's insulting to the people of St Helens that we get sh*t buses, and if what I've read on here is accurate there's more on the way. I want the same standard vehicle Speke have! I'm paying the fare just like they are.

I agree with most of what you say but it has to be said, the situation hasn't been perfect at Speke either. The Myllenniums which are finally leaving once the new Enviro400s arrive are truly terrible buses, at least on a par and in some cases worse than a lot of the older Darts at St Helens. Having occasionally endured a Myllennium substituting for a Volvo B7TL, I can definitely empathise with the situation on many of St Helens' routes. The Bendibuses weren't much better in terms of ride quality either.

Things are at least improving at Speke though with the depot's heaps departing. With a bit of luck, deckers will indeed be ordered for the 10/10A next year and Pulsars from these routes can be cascaded to replace the ageing Darts. An ideal compromise all-round, fixing the congestion issues on the main route and offering a vastly superior (and larger) replacement for locals.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Yes certainly no fault of the drivers.
WD, I like that one St Helens Rider hahaha.
Years ago I used to work in Rainhill and occasionally (which ever bus turned up first ) I used to get the was it the 39??? Don't know where it's ultimate destination was just knew it went up through Rainhill. This is over 10 years ago now. If I recall the service was always - at least when I used it was well patroned, why did they terminate it?
The 39 was a good route with good loadings but got the route cut shorter and shorter untill they said it was not viable to run due to passenger numbers dropping but cumfybus 139 seems to be doing very well between prescot and liverpool and seems a few catch it between st helens and prescot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)