Current time: 08/05/2024, 12:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I'm not aware of any surveys that have taken place, we do use GPS already, the data they collect off the ticket machines is fascinating to see, and we do have an open door policy were we can air our views to management, sometimes they take things on board, sometimes they don't. They are in the business to make money, and that is the bottom line.

From the 27th July, the 10 service drops from every 12 mins during the daytime to every 15 minutes, and in return, Stagecoach have dropped a 10C an hour, so can someone tell me where the quality service is in that ?

FC Pictures, i remember us getting the B10B's in 94, but we still had deckers also till Arriva took over as you know. I should have made reference to the cull of deckers in general. ;-)

TT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
725 broke down at the KFC roundabout about 5ish yesterday, very awkward place but it was being ready to be towed away.
So the 10's going to every 15 minutes well that's why they need deckers I use it regular and peak times always full Ive stood up on several occasions from Liverpool to page moss it's ridiculous people have to suffer like that get a grip arriva standards not good enough
(10/07/2014 09:30)Dentonian Wrote:  Have you got statistical proof that "Manchester has a significantly higher rate of crime than Liverpool?

http://www.police.uk/greater-manchester/...comparison

From the Police website, showing that Manchester had a crime rate of 99.66 versus 91.29 for Liverpool. Due to its very high level of drug offences, Liverpool's crime rate is higher than it would be when for violence, burglary, robbery and theft it is far lower than Manchester. Liverpool was named the second safest large city in the UK in 2012.

FC Pictures Wrote:Bus fares are not usually set by how deprived an area may be that a route passes thru, fares won`t go down,and who is priced out of using the bus,why would someone be using a bus service to Liverpool ? .either for work or shopping, if you have no money the bus fare is the least of your problems ,you wont need any bus even if the fare was 50p. i wasn`t aware that Liscard and Greasby were deprived either.

I don't know Greasby, but Liscard certainly is deprived. Not having any money is hardly the point: there are people who do have money and are unable to afford to travel by bus to Liverpool due to the high fares. You intimated that the £5 day ticket was good value and the extortionate Cross River single fare didn't matter because most people would be making a return journey. I'm arguing that, while for those who would use it like a travelcard and travel on various different bus routes during a day, it certainly is good value, for those who want a simple Wallasey to Liverpool return journey (the overwhelming majority of 432/433 passengers), it is overly expensive.

As for the 10, quite a few people have now correctly pointed out how busy this route is at peak times. This frequency reduction further highlights the need for better capacity, although it does allow the proposed figure of 23 deckers for the 10/10A corridor to make sense.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(10/07/2014 15:25)sth6168 Wrote:  So the 10's going to every 15 minutes well that's why they need deckers I use it regular and peak times always full Ive stood up on several occasions from Liverpool to page moss it's ridiculous people have to suffer like that get a grip arriva standards not good enough

I suspect the 15 minute service will be a summer timetable reduction in line with most other Arriva changes around that time .
(09/07/2014 21:41)FC Pictures Wrote:  Arriva got a sizeable grant towards the cost of the Wirral Hybrids, and the welsh assembly paid for the sapphire conversions on the Enviro400s that came from Birkenhead.The rest that ended up at Bootle have had zero work done to them. Arriva seems to want some deckers at Bootle in case of any rail replacement work they get, mainly on sundays. Older Passengers don`t like deckers as a rule and won`t go upstairs.
A full bus doesn`t always mean the ticket sales are good,i`m sure given the areas that service runs through the amount of forged and out of date tickets would be considerable,how many of those darling school kids are paying to travel ?,one saveaway chucked out of the window to get their friend on etc.
To be fair of all the Speke routes the 79 was ok with single deckers before the route was extended to Halewood, they are full on most 79 lates because the number of routes serving Halewood has been reduced and it only runs every 20 minutes at night, during the day Commanders would be often good enough.
The 79C needs larger buses and has done for years even before the Cadets that are the current standard, Occasionally a Pulsar sneaks on rather than a cadet .The story goes that somebody at Arriva made a clerical error when ordering those buses which should have been Commanders,several Arriva Runcorn people have said this on seperate occasions.

Out of interest, are you actually from Liverpool? Cos all you're doing is tarring everyone with the same brush we all get tarred with when in reality 99.9% of people aren't like that! You're talking like everybody still bunks on the bus? Well I've lived along the 10 route for my entire life and I've not once seen a Saveaway chucked out the window! A few nasty drivers like who don't let kids genuinely desperate on, but not one blatant example of bunking. The 79 okay with single deckers? I was on a 79 back in February with a few friends of mine and it was full&standing! 4206 on the 10A 3 weeks ago? Full and standing also. I urge you to actually ride the 10/A all day, watch every bus going past too. Will you think the same then? I think not?

What TT says is right though, it's not worth the loss of jobs one bit.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(10/07/2014 19:00)V671 DVU Wrote:  Out of interest, are you actually from Liverpool? Cos all you're doing is tarring everyone with the same brush we all get tarred with when in reality 99.9% of people aren't like that! You're talking like everybody still bunks on the bus? Well I've lived along the 10 route for my entire life and I've not once seen a Saveaway chucked out the window! A few nasty drivers like who don't let kids genuinely desperate on, but not one blatant example of bunking. The 79 okay with single deckers? I was on a 79 back in February with a few friends of mine and it was full&standing! 4206 on the 10A 3 weeks ago? Full and standing also. I urge you to actually ride the 10/A all day, watch every bus going past too. Will you think the same then? I think not?

What i think TT envisages is for some double deckers to basically queue bust on the service , i have to admit if you stood up for any length of time , you would think twice about doing it again wouldnt you.
(10/07/2014 19:00)V671 DVU Wrote:  Out of interest, are you actually from Liverpool? Cos all you're doing is tarring everyone with the same brush we all get tarred with when in reality 99.9% of people aren't like that! You're talking like everybody still bunks on the bus? Well I've lived along the 10 route for my entire life and I've not once seen a Saveaway chucked out the window! A few nasty drivers like who don't let kids genuinely desperate on, but not one blatant example of bunking. The 79 okay with single deckers? I was on a 79 back in February with a few friends of mine and it was full&standing! 4206 on the 10A 3 weeks ago? Full and standing also. I urge you to actually ride the 10/A all day, watch every bus going past too. Will you think the same then? I think not?

No I have not seen the Saveaway chucked out of the window for quite some time, used to be a common thing but not really these days.
(10/07/2014 19:07)wirralbus Wrote:  What i think TT envisages is for some double deckers to basically queue bust on the service , i have to admit if you stood up for any length of time , you would think twice about doing it again wouldnt you.

And I agree with that! I've literally been in town an hour and a half ago and had to let two 10As go because they were fully seated by time they got to Queen Square. Didn't fancy being on a packed bus in this heat...

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
There are on-going talks regarding SH future fleet, but we have'nt been told anything, so its not worth passing rumour's on to you.

TT

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)