Current time: 03/05/2024, 08:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(26/06/2012 15:22)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(26/06/2012 13:49)MPTE1955 Wrote:  1044 appeared on the 10A on Saturday, forgot all about that until now.

Just as well Infamy's banned he'd have a fit reading 1044 was on the 10A.Big Grin

Better that the bus ran though than no bus at all , soon we will be looking around looking for the last high floor vehicle in service , it will then be the end of an era .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/06/2012 15:28)wirralbus Wrote:  
(26/06/2012 13:49)MPTE1955 Wrote:  1044 appeared on the 10A on Saturday, forgot all about that until now.

Just as well Infamy's banned he'd have a fit reading 1044 was on the 10A.Big Grin

Better that the bus ran though than no bus at all , soon we will be looking around looking for the last high floor vehicle in service , it will then be the end of an era .

Yep but he'd rather a service didn't operate though, as it's step entrance bus on a QBP route, & just as well he's banned, i can see frothing at the mouth.:P

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Dart 2298 noted on 352. Arrived in St Helens from Wigan at 17.05 looking ready to go out again

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
theres a paladin on the 32A today, been a while since i noticed one on there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I had that on me 35/35A this morning due to signing 7570 off so they must of changed it over after I finished at 12:15.
On another note St helens new buses may be getting diverted to the Olympics as I was told over the weekend but not 100% sure.
(26/06/2012 16:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  theres a paladin on the 32A today, been a while since i noticed one on there

That would have been 1055 as far as I remember.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(26/06/2012 17:24)motormayhem Wrote:  On another note St helens new buses may be getting diverted to the Olympics as I was told over the weekend but not 100% sure.

Reminds me of when the first Pulsar 2's arrived, they first went to Manchester for Metrolink Replacement back in summer 2009.

The Olympics appear to be swallowing up a lot of vehicles from across the regions.
(26/06/2012 15:28)wirralbus Wrote:  

In fairness though even given the QBP would the general public notice if that 10A didn't turn up? the frequency on that route is such that come to Green Lane I regularly see 10s, 10As and 10Bs in twos and threes from the same company. i know not all of them follow the same route etc but still if two 10As are following each other the timetable has already gone out the window and missing bus wouldn't be noticed as such. However completely different on say the 89 etc were it is one every half hour.
During the daytime, when the frequency is every 6, you're probably right regarding the 10A Ste. Although Stagecoach do a hell of a lot of dead runs from St Helens regardless. If you wait for a 10A, one usually turns up within the 6 minutes and at most, 10. It may not be the bus that's meant to be there at that time, but the general public don't know that.

The 10, however, is a whole different kettle of fish. At every 12 minutes, it's much more noticeable when a bus doesn't turn up as you wait nearly half an hour before 2 arrive at once. It can and has been worse than that too. I've noted 2 buses fail to turn up and then all 3 arrive when the third is due. It's ridiculous as it just makes any journey on the 10 impossible to plan ahead particularly, when you have onward connections involved. Thankfully, the 89 is hugely more reliable and actually every 20 during the day switching to every 30 for the evening service.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)