Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Had 2209 coming back on 34 earlier - have to say this vehicle appears to be going the same way as 7640 was a while back with chronic idle vibration - as I have said before, buses on this state should be on routes of such a distance - shocking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/07/2013 00:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  
(15/07/2013 18:41)anw2015 Wrote:  2706 on the 352 this evening. 2417 now running out of St Helens, on the 33 this evening.

that would of been myself and Motor mayhem you seen on the bus, its fast and good on speed bumps so its a great adition to st helens depot

Look forward to getting a ride! 2418 seems to have disappeared recently to go with 2416. These new additions proving to not be too reliable? #

Any updates on more buses from Bolton to replace the marshalls?

On the whole, the X reg Cadets don't seem to be doing too badly. They're, oddly, being allocated on the late 356 duty ahead of the newer VDL examples recently (much to my dissapointment I have to admit) running from 06.00 to 00.15 and I've only noted one being replaced due to mechanical issue - indeed most are remaining on there without issue. The refurbished interiors are excellent on them though I definitely still find the VDLs more comfortable due to their seating.

2417 was noted on 32As today. Anybody noted what 2800 has been allocated to?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(16/07/2013 20:19)CX54 DKD Wrote:  On the whole, the X reg Cadets don't seem to be doing too badly. They're, oddly, being allocated on the late 356 duty ahead of the newer VDL examples recently (much to my dissapointment I have to admit) running from 06.00 to 00.15 and I've only noted one being replaced due to mechanical issue - indeed most are remaining on there without issue. The refurbished interiors are excellent on them though I definitely still find the VDLs more comfortable due to their seating.

2800 has been on the 31's today.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(16/07/2013 21:11)sth77 Wrote:  
(16/07/2013 20:19)CX54 DKD Wrote:  On the whole, the X reg Cadets don't seem to be doing too badly. They're, oddly, being allocated on the late 356 duty ahead of the newer VDL examples recently (much to my dissapointment I have to admit) running from 06.00 to 00.15 and I've only noted one being replaced due to mechanical issue - indeed most are remaining on there without issue. The refurbished interiors are excellent on them though I definitely still find the VDLs more comfortable due to their seating.

Someone on facebook said it was seen in old swan sometime today too on the 10.
(16/07/2013 21:56)motormayhem Wrote:  
(16/07/2013 21:11)sth77 Wrote:  

Someone on facebook said it was seen in old swan sometime today too on the 10.

It was on the 31's about 1pm as I noted it leaving for Parr.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Thanks chaps. I suspect it could have been replaced on there to go onto the 10 as I did note SR 722 on the 31 around 17.50.

The SR was on the 10 originally, and was replaced by 2800 for two round trips in the afternoon, i ran it in at 1830, bag of sh@te that it is !

as far as am aware me and driver friends only kept 2419 out on a late on 356 so far due to the fact its fast up the hill, i know of top of my head 2418 and 2421 get ran in at first sight and we only had 2422 allocated once and we ran that in due to oil light coming on and buzzing while breaking and idle however i think i recall it being sound speed wise

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Other drivers are keeping them out at other points during the week and they're coping fine in terms of reliability - speed and performance is a totally different thing to what I was talking about ;-). Certainly seems to be a marked improvement on their previous reliability records.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)