Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Another change to the 33's is being discussed but won't happen before September if it comes off at all ! January would be the date for that, but management are not keen on this change at all, the union and rota men want it ! This would see the Widnes just being a stand alone service, now that i do agree with :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I know there is talk of the St Helens - Widnes section becoming a Quality Partnership, although given the state of the 33's at the moment, Quality is not a word I'd use!
(28/06/2013 11:09)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I know there is talk of the St Helens - Widnes section becoming a Quality Partnership, although given the state of the 33's at the moment, Quality is not a word I'd use!

What are the issues with the 33's at the moment?
I know that the renumbering was a bit dodgy; is there anything else?
Mostly down to tinetabling and reliability. Not ebough time is mostly the problem with regular capacity issues. Never was a wise idea to reduce the frequency at the same time as reducing the size of vehicle.
You hit the nail on the head there Ste ;-)
the thing that seems to make the widnes 33 late is they come of the 33 from sutton mannor and thats always late, if they split the longs and shorts i think it would work better overall

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A route that might be a good idea for St Helens is a Warrington-St Helens via Winwick Road, Gemini & Burtonwood and St Helens Hospital via a similar route to what Fairways 339 used to take before they went out of business as despite what people think the 339 was a busy route, I was talking about this with Motormayhem last night and we were in agreement that if only management would listen that it could probably work
I'm surprised no operator took on the route when callapsed, hardly ever seen an empty bus on that route and the fact the route extended to Hard Lane served a very useful purpose and worked as a more recent replacement for the 6.
The problem is management these days dont seem to listen to the staff , they just use there computer based cost benefit analysis software to see whether it would be pay or not .

Nothing better for morale in a workforce to include employee's in the process.
2714 on 33 today - normally only Solos on a Saturday. The journey I caught was well filled with only 2 or 3 seats free - a Solo would not have coped with this load.

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)