Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(12/05/2013 10:42)sth77 Wrote:  When did 2419 arrive? Not seen it out in service yet.
(09/05/2013 11:18)MX12CFE Wrote:  DAF Cadet 2419 X419AJA now at st helens unsure wether for service or storage. (credit to member of arrivanorthwest&walesfleetnews yahoo group.)

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
According to Arriva, St Helens are to receive the following cadets

2416 (already in service)
2421 (already in service)

Don't understand why 2417 is not on the list as it would make sense for number order. These are to replace the 3 remaining T***PNB darts.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
I for one cant wait,im glad we are getting something different than darts and marshalls.
I like the X reg cadets as i find them nice to drive and better to look at as the ride feels a lot better quality.
It also means there's likely to be a considerable order of new vehicles for St Helens in the next few years to see off the growing contingent of X reg vehicles. Good news all round really.

True CX54 as if you tally up how many v/x reg veichles we have then we should have a decent investment when it comes up to retireing them which would put our oldest veichle as a 54 reg cadet.
I get the total of V/X/Y reg vehicles to be around 34 at the moment non-inclusive of the Marshall Darts and Cadets yet to arrive. I certainly can't think of a cascade large enough to replace that total in one go, or within a relatively short period of time, so unless they try and get more than the standard 15 years out of those B10s, it's a potentially rather large order for new vehicles.

I am looking forward to more cadets coming, I know these had a reputation of kind whilst at Speke and they may not be full size buses but if the remainder are anything like 2416/21 they will be a nice acquisition to the SH fleet.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
I was on 2492 yesterday and noticed it still has 89 AirLink branding in the interior with a map (of sorts). First time I've noticed one of these in their 8 and half years!
All the cadets that had the route branding had them applied inside but there is only 2492 that as retained it.
On another note 2418 is now in service as was on the 37/38 from what ive heard (credit to BBB)
(14/05/2013 17:18)motormayhem Wrote:  On another note 2418 is now in service as was on the 37/38 from what ive heard (credit to BBB)

I can confirm this mm. It was on the duty which works onto the 356 tonight.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)