Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Proof again if it were needed that there are too many small vehicles at Jackson Street. If they will put the original Solo's on the 10A's (as has been known), they will put them anywhere I'm afraid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
i really think the st helens depot needs to get a grip when it comes to the allocations of routes, the last few months have been a joke.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Operational requirements have to come first and unfortunately, that tends to mean vehicles can be allocated where they shouldn't be. I don't actually think it's a case of there being too many small vehicles personally. More a case of their allocation not being controlled stringently enough - this being in reference to the 58 plate Solos which should be kept to the 35/A and 312 really. The SRs are fine for the majority of the runs on the 33s with the exception of a few peak runs from my experience and they're even okay when swapped onto some of the quieter late boards.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
9:13am would be one of them 33's i am a regular on that on a tuse,wens,thurs

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
2214 is on the 89.
2213 was on 156 yesterday too. Also i'm on 678 now and these Solos are too small for most 35 runs, can't talk for the 312 but it seems they're too small for anything at St Helens.
(24/04/2013 09:07)sumner Wrote:  2213 was on 156 yesterday too. Also i'm on 678 now and these Solos are too small for most 35 runs, can't talk for the 312 but it seems they're too small for anything at St Helens.

Totally agree. The 35/35A do have their peaks, so they are totally unsyitable for most routes out of Jackson Street.
(24/04/2013 09:07)sumner Wrote:  can't talk for the 312 but it seems they're too small for anything at St Helens.
They're perfect for the 312. For the majority of the day, that service runs around with less than 10 passengers on-board - most, of which, being pass-holders. Apparently, the service is only running because of something to do with the college.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
arriva must of listened to my comment on facebook coz this morning i had renown 2729 on the duty the solo was on yesterday :P

Well in that case 312 fair enough, and maybe the 156 too? But as for the rest of the St Helens services, these smaller Solos are unsuitable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 101 Guest(s)