Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Green Lane have done well then, getting rid of sheds 7664 to Southport & 7665 to St Helens, in this case St Helens being the dumping of another super shed in particular.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2495 seemed to be out all day on the 37/38 which I was quite surprised about as its gears were playing up this morning (it was stuck in 2nd gear all the way to St Helens which isn't fun at all- especially when it is 10 minutes late).

Since the changes to the 329 last week, I have noted on numerous times the 4.50 and 5.50 workings from St Helens to Daresbury Business Park displaying "Warrington Bus Station" instead. In fact I have seen the 4.50 working 5 times since the change and only once has it displayed the correct destination (and that was today). Bit confusing for passengers!

Solo SR 723 was out on the 89 this evening, seen passing south through Belle Vale about 1720
i had 2730 on the 10A yesterday evening whereas i had 2490 on the last 89 of the day last night, very ood i think

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/03/2013 19:05)anw2015 Wrote:  Since the changes to the 329 last week, I have noted on numerous times the 4.50 and 5.50 workings from St Helens to Daresbury Business Park displaying "Warrington Bus Station" instead. In fact I have seen the 4.50 working 5 times since the change and only once has it displayed the correct destination (and that was today). Bit confusing for passengers!

I don't know where you saw the 329's, but maybe they're only meant to change over part-way through the route, like Warrington's 17 which displays 'Gemini Retail Park' until part way through the route when it switches over to 'Gorse Covert'.
I also think that many more people might be confused the other way around, as they will likely have no idea where Daresbury is!

I think that displaying Warrington with subtext 'then Daresbury Park' (possibly interchanging with a few via points if feasible) would be ideal for a route like this, but switching over to just 'Daresbury Business Park' just before hitting Warrington Interchange.
Or the more standard 'Daresbury Park' with subtext 'via Warrington' would be okay: so long as the word 'Warrington' is on there really!
The display is usually Daresbury Sci & Tech Park via Warrington I think.
(26/03/2013 14:12)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The display is usually Daresbury Sci & Tech Park via Warrington I think.

Here is 2492 just after setting off back to St Helens at Daresbury yesterday. It had displayed 'Daresbury Sci-Tech Park' on its arrival at the terminus a few minutes earlier.
So the return is the usual St Helens via Burtonwood, surprisingly not St Helens via Warrington.
2496 on 10A yesterday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Look as though the Solo SR's are being used on a Sunday Service now instead of services just been operated by Pulsar's. The 32 has been operated by 3 Solos instead of the usual Pulsar's for a Sunday, and one was also out on the 31.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)