Current time: 04/05/2024, 10:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
As a passenger, I think the SR give the best ride of all the buses currently at St. Helens. We can only wait and see if they still give good rides when they are 15 years old. As others comment, their main problem is that they are too small for some of their duties. Widnes market days can be a problem on the 33.

The Scania Paladins were getting old and due for replacement, but in my opinion, many of them gave better rides than most of the local Darts (Plaxton, Alexander or Marshall).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A note on 2214 answering my own question from a couple of days ago - as per 2213, it has only been fitted with front LEDs with no remaining side or rear destinations.

With regards 2490, you can guarantee that the gearbox will still have issues. It's been getting booked off for the same thing for months with no improvement. As ridiculous as it is, it seems that they're reluctant to do anything until it really does go wrong.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Solo SR 720 was travelling out of service towards Belle Vale this evening, presumably to pick up an 89 working
Had a ride on 2703 today. Lovely...

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
All cadets on the 329 today, Not unusual I know, But 2492,3 & 4 were operating all in order!
I have 2493, Which, After riding all of the batch, Has to be a really bad example! There was also a driver not in work on the bus who spoke to us, And explained how this wasn't as bad as 3024!
Have to say, I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with 3024! Had it mid-week on a 352 and aside from the usual Pulsar rattles, it was a decent example. Certainly with a better turn of speed than some others too. Mind, I wasn't aware there was much wrong with 2493 aside from a minor idle vibration either and that's from riding the Cadets on a daily basis.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(09/03/2013 19:06)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Have to say, I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with 3024! Had it mid-week on a 352 and aside from the usual Pulsar rattles, it was a decent example. Certainly with a better turn of speed than some others too. Mind, I wasn't aware there was much wrong with 2493 aside from a minor idle vibration either and that's from riding the Cadets on a daily basis.

When it goes into high gear, A rumbling sound started and the whole bus started to vibrate!
(08/03/2013 21:54)Palatine II Wrote:  Had a ride on 2703 today. Lovely...

I find it to be a nice bus,better than it use to be.
Interesting that Marshall Capital SLF posted that ALL Cadets were on 329s as 2489 was on 18:00 320 St Helens-Wigan service and I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of Volvos on 329 while I was in Warrington although could be wrong
(10/03/2013 08:06)M60lad Wrote:  Interesting that Marshall Capital SLF posted that ALL Cadets were on 329s as 2489 was on 18:00 320 St Helens-Wigan service and I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of Volvos on 329 while I was in Warrington although could be wrong
He meant that the 329 was fully-operated by Cadets, not all of the Cadets were on the 329!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 60 Guest(s)