Current time: 27/04/2024, 06:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(01/10/2012 19:12)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I'd agree with the Renowns being a better allocation. I think that, ideally, they should be split over the 89 and the 329 with the remaining 4 being allocated to the 34/A.

One thing I forgot to note earlier was SR 711 on a daytime 37/38 board this afternoon in place of a Cadet.

yeah it seemed to have replaced 2496 sometime during the day

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/10/2012 19:20)WGemini4488 Wrote:  I Have noticed some SRs have slipped through the net and are being used for the 89.
I wouldn't say it's a particularly regular thing at it's certainly not happening, at least to my knowledge, from first thing in a morning. As tinytears87 explained earlier on in the thread, as some SRs are now back in the garage for mid morning due to new duties on the 32/As and split shifts for drivers, this means that they're available to go out if they're needed. Therefore, what you'll find is that, if they are slipping onto the likes of the 89, it'll be to cover significant late running or a breakdown. Obviously, where they can, they're going to try and allocate a full size vehicle to the service but sometimes, what's actually left in the garage doesn't permit for that.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
True this was in the evening though so you could be right but I have also experianced a Marshall Capital on the 89 too. In the evening as well. I would like to see one on the 10.

My Fleet:
780 - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - MX12 DYU - ACE Travel
4488 - Wright Gemini 2 - CX61 CDY - Arriva Crymu Coastliner
27717 - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - PO11 BCV - Stagecoach M,side
4510 - Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 Hybrid - MX13 AEM - Arriva B,Head
5001 - Caetano City Gold Hydro - MX62 KSZ - Arriva Runcorn
189 - Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 - BF62 JZU - HTL
3055 - Wright Pulsar 2 - MX13 ANR - Arriva Green Lane

Darts or SRs on the 89 are generally covering break downs - Renowns are the main allocation on there. As for an SR on the 10.... Rather ridiculously, it's already happened!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
it looks like 2710 that had its windows smashed as its parked round the back tightly next to a decker so im assuming thats so the rain doesnt get inside through the broken windows.
That will be the one that my wife seen yesterday then, it was coming from the Prescot end, probably been on 89, are there any hotspots for smashing bus windows on that route.
Anywhere is a hotspot nowadays, vandalism like bricking a bus can happen in even the supposedly nicest of places too from my experience. The most important thing i find is that a high percentage of bricking incidents are not pre-planned, unfortunately there are a small minority who once they see a bus coming towards them, they have this urge that they have to do something, and picking an object up and throwing it is usually the easiest and quickest thing to do to get a bit of a buzz !!! Consequences are never thought of either, and neither do they care !
2213 was on the 320 on Saturday
(02/10/2012 10:26)tinytears87 Wrote:  Anywhere is a hotspot nowadays, vandalism like bricking a bus can happen in even the supposedly nicest of places too from my experience. The most important thing i find is that a high percentage of bricking incidents are not pre-planned, unfortunately there are a small minority who once they see a bus coming towards them, they have this urge that they have to do something, and picking an object up and throwing it is usually the easiest and quickest thing to do to get a bit of a buzz !!! Consequences are never thought of either, and neither do they care !

The people that do it are utter morons and will be the first to moan if something happens to a family member or if their bus doesnt turn up due to such an incident.

I used to live in Towerhill years back and that did used to be a hotspot for this matter, merseybus stopped sending buses there at night and only Fareway when independent sent there buses there during the evening.
Yeah i was in Gillmoss Depot in 1990 and Tower Hill had quite a reputation back then, did'nt stop me from doing the last 20 tho ! haha ! :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 70 Guest(s)