Current time: 06/05/2024, 23:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(09/09/2012 15:59)SLTRegular Wrote:  2971 running 8 Late on Sunday 352's seems to be consistently issues with Sunday running on this route these days.
Using it weekly, I can't say I share your views from Upholland Road onwards in the St Helens direction and the reverse SLT. I'm yet to have a Sunday service run more than a couple of minutes late (which by the TC ruling of 1 early, 5 late is still on time) on me.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Did you just agree with me... Jesus think this is the apocalypse lol only joking...

The issues are way before Upholland Road always have been its the routing time allowed and the fact i dont think drivers are aware of the timing points any more 2971's driver seemed perfectly happy being 8 late today. I always find Upholland Road-Billinge Chapel end they can catch up on the time lost due to the thinning of traffic and faster road sections Scanias used to be rapid on the open stretches of road near Longshaw,

Prime Example 15 Minutes Wigan-Orrell Co-op now evening time and Sunday thats fine but Daytime and Saturdays is a Joke ive seen a 352 take 35 minutes to do that before so basically they need realistic timetables id say 15 is pushing it on Sundays now to be honest as Sunday Shopping is getting that big and the timetable doesnt reflect this the route needs more padding and realism.
solo sr on the 356 from 4.35 onwards. Replaced a interurban liveried p2.

I agree with the timings on 352, one of places where they seem to lose time is around Orrell Interchange heading down towards Pemberton, they can easily lose about 5mins or more on this stretch at busy times, another place heading out of Wigan is Saddle Junction where 10mins or more can be lost especially at rush hour.

I know I dont catch 352 regular but whenever I have done I can't ever say that it has ever waited time anywhere so the timetable must be tight
X-ANC Dart 2211 is on 37/38s this morning showing the old Eccleston Broadway blind - been a good few years since I've last seen that!!

678 on 32's this morning - first time I've one of the original Solo's on this route.
M60 I agree entirely with your points but This "Orrell Interchange" garbage is annoying i blame "real" crap radio for keep referring to it as this as Its known locally as Either the Motorway Junction, Junction26 or the Road out from Skem/Liverpool delete as appropriate.

352 was suspended today due to the tour of Britain i think this must have also affected the Garswood Ashton Rainford Routes to i assume this has also affected a lot of Macclesfield and surrounding area routes to.

There was quite big queues at the stops and i was advising people to use Northern or 51555
(09/09/2012 17:13)SLTRegular Wrote:  Did you just agree with me... Jesus think this is the apocalypse lol only joking...
No, I disagreed. Yes, during the week delays can be ridiculous - I waited 40 minutes for a 352 in St Helens last week - but of an evening/Sunday I've never had an issue with buses running perfectly on time. Running time during these periods seem perfectly adequate to me.
(10/09/2012 06:16)M60lad Wrote:  I know I dont catch 352 regular but whenever I have done I can't ever say that it has ever waited time anywhere so the timetable must be tight
They wait time frequently when they're already on time. I note them waiting time at the Upholland Road, Crank Road timing point on pretty much every journey in both directions early morning, evenings and of a Sunday. The timetable isn't so tight that the services can't stick to it at these times. It's during the day MON-SAT that they have problems sticking to time but that isn't helped by the interworking 395 which has been a cause of nuisance as it effectively has to pass through the heavy rush time traffic in Wigan 4 times in one journey (inclusive of the 352 it does around the 395). It's during the peak periods where some extra running time is really needed.
(10/09/2012 07:18)St Helens Rider Wrote:  678 on 32's this morning - first time I've one of the original Solo's on this route.
677 joined it on there too.

Marshall 7650 was on the 89 Speke bound at Belle Vale at 1740
There was quite a few unusual allocations from st helens this morning

As reported there was normal solos on the 32/33- mad really when the 35/A has sr's instead. 2211 on hte 37/8 along with 2298.

Also 2712 on the 156, solo sr on the 20 and a cadet on the 320 shorts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)