Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(22/02/2017 17:56)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I believe the plan is for all Cadets to go to North Wales (can't quite remember which depot) along with 5 Solo SR's but some of this detail I presume maybe subject to change.

Would rather the Solos go tbh I really don't like them and I much prefer the Cadets as they are better suited to the St Helens routes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would rather see the Solos go myself however i believe it is the Cadets leaving witch is a shame, As for the Renowns dont even get me started there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/02/2017 21:43)FC Pictures Wrote:  no chance, 8 gemini`s from speke for the 89 ,that`s your lot, Pulsars otherwise for the rest

Speke is getting 24 Gemini 3s - so even if 17 Gemini 2s do end up leaving along with all of the ex London double deckers (which are confirmed to be leaving) Speke still has well over 100 double deckers which is more than sufficient. A number of routes operated by St Helens need double deckers in my view (89, 352) and this is the perfect solution - St Helens gets newer and larger vehicles and Speke gets brand new double deckers (well - a couple of months old)

I really can't see what the problem is
Well this afternoon I probably had my last fairly lengthy journey on a Renown (2708 on the 10 Liverpool - St Helens), hard to believe they have lasted as long as some other well used vehicle types her in St Helens from my beloved AEC Swifts and Nationals to the equally well respected Renown Step Entrances. Just a shame a little more TLC wasn't applied to the Renowns over the years, as I feel they would have been in better condition now. Arriva have been poor with them when compared with Transdev who seemed to be refurbishing/refreshing theirs every few years.

As I have said before, I hope the Solo's go as I have always felt they were too small for this area. Cadets or Versas would be a better option for this area.
(22/02/2017 22:05)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Speke is getting 24 Gemini 3s - so even if 17 Gemini 2s do end up leaving along with all of the ex London double deckers (which are confirmed to be leaving) Speke still has well over 100 double deckers which is more than sufficient. A number of routes operated by St Helens need double deckers in my view (89, 352) and this is the perfect solution - St Helens gets newer and larger vehicles and Speke gets brand new double deckers (well - a couple of months old)

I really can't see what the problem is

the 80 is going all double deck so the spare gemini`s from the 79 will go onto that,which will free up some commanders to leave, along with the 8 Gemini`s for the 89, the 79 pvr is greater now than the number of Gemini 2`s speke has available, a lot of boards are currently Commanders
(22/02/2017 22:25)FC Pictures Wrote:  the 80 is going all double deck so the spare gemini`s from the 79 will go onto that,which will free up some commanders to leave, along with the 8 Gemini`s for the 89, the 79 pvr is greater now than the number of Gemini 2`s speke has available, a lot of boards are currently Commanders

If (that being the key word here) the 17 Gemini 2s do go to St Helens as has been rumoured then there would still be 27 Gemini 2s, 21 Volvo B7TLs, 24 Gemini 3s and 31 Enviro400s (103 double deckers overall) allocated to Speke depot. It think it's probably best to wait and see what happens anyway - it won't be too long now before we find out
(22/02/2017 22:42)Y474 KNF Wrote:  If (that being the key word here) the 17 Gemini 2s do go to St Helens as has been rumoured then there would still be 27 Gemini 2s, 21 Volvo B7TLs, 24 Gemini 3s and 31 Enviro400s (103 double deckers overall) allocated to Speke depot. It think it's probably best to wait and see what happens anyway - it won't be too long now before we find out

Speke won`t be sending 17 Gemini 2 to St Helens ,just 8 for the 89, they still need the rest of the batch
This is why its best just to wait and see as personally i beleive it to be 8 gemini 2's from speke and 4412 from green lane and the rest pulsars as the 16 does sound unrealistic its just a number i got told but as Y474 KNF says it would be possible and routes like 352/395 could use the extra capacity.
(22/02/2017 22:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  I would rather see the Solos go myself however i believe it is the Cadets leaving witch is a shame, As for the Renowns dont even get me started there

Sad to see the Renowns being withdrawn as they are the best Buses in the fleet and my favourite buses but they are 16 years old now which is too old for Arriva hopefully they will be bought by someone else as they are too good to be scrapped
Ive heard the renowns will be sold on as far as im aware of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 131 Guest(s)