Current time: 02/05/2024, 11:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
1048 still going strong on the 89...but for how much longer?...

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/07/2012 17:20)V671 DVU Wrote:  1048 still going strong on the 89...but for how much longer?...

Not long I fear, hence I made a dash to ride the Paladins and older darts. As you say, 1048 was on the 89, kept company by 1044. I didn't see 1055 at any point today however!
2298 was indeed on the 329 as previously mentioned, 7560 was on the 37/38 with 7570 on the 32.
As you say Luke I fear these will soon be gone, my bet is that the Paladins will be withdrawn tonight, if not tomorrow and Darts may possibly soldier on for a short while longer!
Lets not forget a few of the B10Bs kept plodding on for a while when Green Lane's new batch of Pulsars arrived, 6599 even lasted into October! We just don't know how long they'll last, but your right it could be tonight but it could be two, maybe three weeks time. I suspect they'll be gone very soon indeed, and they should be next to go providing one of the older Darts doesn't developed faults.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(31/07/2012 19:14)V671 DVU Wrote:  Lets not forget a few of the B10Bs kept plodding on for a while when Green Lane's new batch of Pulsars arrived, 6599 even lasted into October! We just don't know how long they'll last, but your right it could be tonight but it could be two, maybe three weeks time. I suspect they'll be gone very soon indeed, and they should be next to go providing one of the older Darts doesn't developed faults.

True! But its only the 3 Paladins to replace now, there's going to be more than 3 Solos to replace them now I should think so it would be logical to get rid of step entrance buses prior to any more low floor vehicles. But Arriva don't do all that much logic when it comes to things like this, so we shall see!
With the recent PVR reduction and considering that all the new Solos should be on the road within the next few days, I suspect that with the surplus R-ABA Darts which will no doubt become available as spares and are wheelchair accessible, the Paladins will be first to be resigned to the back wall given their high floor. Maybe not, but that's my take. I don't think we'll see a B10B repeat with the Paladins personally.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
theres a chance them 3 could last a month as i remember some paladins taxed til aug 31st 2012

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tax can count for nothing Terry. It's redeemable remember ;-)

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
good point

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
2298 on 33 this morning, this one really is plodding on

One of the 58 plate Solos on 34/34A this morning. Seen working the 0840 journey from Leigh. Unfortunately didn't manage to identify fleet no.

User(s) browsing this thread: 58 Guest(s)