Current time: 27/04/2024, 10:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Celebrity Deaths
RE: Celebrity Deaths
(17/04/2013 13:22)wirralbus Wrote:  The funeral for Baroness Thatcher was a fitting tribute to the end of an era in British Politics , Baroness Thatcher never rolled over in the face of any opposition wherever it may have come from , how many politicians change tack these days when the going gets tough.

This paragraph from her speak to the 1980 Conservative Party Conference is one of her most famous :

If our people feel that they are part of a great nation and they are prepared to will the means to keep it great, a great nation we shall be, and shall remain. So, what can stop us from achieving this? What then stands in our way? The prospect of another winter of discontent? I suppose it might.
But I prefer to believe that certain lessons have been learnt from experience, that we are coming, slowly, painfully, to an autumn of understanding. And I hope that it will be followed by a winter of common sense. If it is not, we shall not be—diverted from our course.

To those waiting with bated breath for that favourite media catchphrase, the 'U-turn', I have only one thing to say: 'You turn [U-turn] if you want to. The lady's not for turning.' I say that not only to you but to our friends overseas and also to those who are not our friends.

I just hope they nailed the lid down properly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I hope those who are complaining about the cost of the funeral won't be voting for Labour in protest, as this funeral was organised when Tony Blair was Prime Minister and Gordon Brown was at number 11 so it was them who said how much the nation would pay for it.

And to put it into perspective, the BBC spend approx £1.5m on daytime television, for repeats of Bargain Hunt and some soap nobody watches.
Sadly Hillsborough Campaigner Anne Williams has passed away this morning. Maybe not a celebrity in the sense of being a performer but certainly a main player in the justice for the 96. R.I.P.
(18/04/2013 08:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Sadly Hillsborough Campaigner Anne Williams has passed away this morning. Maybe not a celebrity in the sense of being a performer but certainly a main player in the justice for the 96. R.I.P.

im just so sad that she never actually got to see her son's new inquest heard before she sadly passed away .

Rest In Peace .
(18/04/2013 08:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Sadly Hillsborough Campaigner Anne Williams has passed away this morning. Maybe not a celebrity in the sense of being a performer but certainly a main player in the justice for the 96. R.I.P.

Now she was someone who deserved respect. She had terminal cancer and defied the doctors to attend the Hillsborough service at Anfield on Monday. She was a very brave, determined woman and is an example to some of these spineless, spoilt brats who think they are something when they haven't got anything like the guts and spirit of Anne Williams. R. I. P. Anne

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
(18/04/2013 09:42)wirralbus Wrote:  im just so sad that she never actually got to see her son's new inquest heard before she sadly passed away .

Couldn't agree more with this: a very sad loss. RIP.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(18/04/2013 10:18)Mal Wrote:  

Now she was someone who deserved respect. She had terminal cancer and defied the doctors to attend the Hillsborough service at Anfield on Monday. She was a very brave, determined woman and is an example to some of these spineless, spoilt brats who think they are something when they haven't got anything like the guts and spirit of Anne Williams. R. I. P. Anne

Mal

100% Mal.
(18/04/2013 10:18)Mal Wrote:  

Mal

Absolutely Mal.
British yacht-racing champion and two-time Olympic medallist Andrew "Bart" Simpson was killed on Thursday when his vessel capsized in San Francisco Bay during training for the America's Cup
Paul Shane, the actor famous for starring in the 1980s BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi!, has died

Shane made his name playing entertainer Ted Bovis in Hi-de-Hi!, a long-running TV series set in a holiday camp.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)