Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
S806BWC was on the 50 on Friday evening i think another S plate was about near mediacity i saw it when i was on route to the Aj Bell Stadium

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/05/2015 22:41)acocker96 Wrote:  Why haven't the dual door LX51's been converted to single door yet?

I don't think it was ever intended to convert the batch to single door. When they first arrived I was told they wouldn't be here long enough to warrent them being converted. I think it was suggested they would be here for 2 years tops but what will replace them?? That's the question.
I would've thought they would cascade them to replace the T/V/W reg ALX400's and their duties would be filled by Enviro 400's but there is the city centre emissions restrictions to mix things up.
Does anybody know how true it is that Stagecoach Manchester are operating all of the Parklife Shuttles this weekend as that's what I got told from a reliable source yesterday, I know that First Manchester has operated quite a number of shuttles in the past but my contact who works for Stagecoach Manchester is adament that they are doing quite a lot of them next weekend with buses and drivers being drafted in from Merseyside, Preston and other places to cover, if this is indeed the case then next weekend will be an interesting weekend in Manchester
(27/05/2015 22:07)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't think it was ever intended to convert the batch to single door. When they first arrived I was told they wouldn't be here long enough to warrent them being converted. I think it was suggested they would be here for 2 years tops but what will replace them?? That's the question.

Correct. 40 E400MMCs on order this year for Manchester, plus some cascades in for MagicBus duties will see off the ex-London Tridents, and allow some Magic Tridents to be cascaded out.
(31/05/2015 06:08)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know how true it is that Stagecoach Manchester are operating all of the Parklife Shuttles this weekend as that's what I got told from a reliable source yesterday...
...my contact who works for Stagecoach Manchester is adament that they are doing quite a lot of them next weekend ...

Just contradicted yourself and answered your own question there...
Is it 40 MMCs for Manchester inc Wigan or is that separate?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Includes 9 for Wigan.
(01/06/2015 10:06)mbonwick Wrote:  Includes 9 for Wigan.

When these 9 go into service,will 19517-25 still remain at Wigan?
No idea! Delivery is still some way away so I doubt cascade plans have been finalised yet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)