Current time: 15/05/2024, 20:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Some proposed changes to TfGM contracted services, which could happen in January 2015:

*149 - Evening and Sunday journeys re-routed in South Chadderton, running direct via Manchester Road instead of Drury Lane, Turf Lane, Long Lane, Broadway, Eaves Lane, Thompson Lane, Butler Green and Stanley Road.
*152 - Proposed to be withdrawn.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for that
Currently it seems that all Magicbuses are following a new diversion into Manchester at the moment due to the continuing closure of Oxford Road as they are turning right onto Hathersidge Road and then left onto Upper Brook Street from what I noticed yesterday while I was on 130 to Macclesfield.

Didn't see any outbound services from Manchester following this diversion though so I think that their following the usual Lloyd Street diversion
Any news when these new style Enviro400's will start to Arrive sure someone said earlier in the year Manchester was getting some this year
I was just wondering about those. Are any going to Wigan?
Sharston I think. Both Wigan and Ashton could do with some to be honest.
(26/09/2014 12:30)joe_alker Wrote:  Sharston I think. Both Wigan and Ashton could do with some to be honest.

I think thier due to start arriving at the end of November but don't quote me on that.

Wigan has already seen a lot of investment so I carnt see anything new going thier and to be honest the 08 Enviro 400's AZ are a huge improvement on the sheds they replaced, although considering AZ is running some 219 journeys it would be good to see a small batch of Hybrids allocated there to cover the 'Green' 219.
From what I've been told the new style Enviro400s are indeed for Sharston and will be for 85/86s as for when their due I heard sometime next month (October) but plans could change.
The 85/6s have had hybrids on them quite a lot recently
(27/09/2014 06:21)M60lad Wrote:  From what I've been told the new style Enviro400s are indeed for Sharston and will be for 85/86s as for when their due I heard sometime next month (October) but plans could change.

Wonder if they will take opportunity to extend 85\86 to North Manchester?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)