Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(20/03/2014 22:07)Mayneway Wrote:  Has 18288 defiantly been written off then?? I know there has been uncertanty over its future since the crash but I didn't think the damage was that bad.

Like you Mayneway, I would of thought that 18288 was repairable.

If what M60Lad says, about both Spectra's being painted into Magic Bus livery is true, then I am very very surprised.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/03/2014 10:18)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Like you Mayneway, I would of thought that 18288 was repairable.

If what M60Lad says, about both Spectra's being painted into Magic Bus livery is true, then I am very very surprised.

Going back a good few years, one of the MANs was badly damaged when it crashed into a betting shop in Dukinfield, it was a right mess, yet once the investigation was finished it was rebuilt over 6 months at AZ and returned to service, just seems very strange that they would scrap a vehicle for what looked like minor damage.
The chassis may be damaged, hence the scrap
Or simply that the cost of repairs is estimated to be higher than the value of the bus....
(21/03/2014 11:34)Mayneway Wrote:  Going back a good few years, one of the MANs was badly damaged when it crashed into a betting shop in Dukinfield, it was a right mess, yet once the investigation was finished it was rebuilt over 6 months at AZ and returned to service, just seems very strange that they would scrap a vehicle for what looked like minor damage.

22241?
(21/03/2014 14:00)gilbert Wrote:  22241?

It rings a bell.
It was defiantly one of the X reg ones.
It returned to service over 6 months later. I always felt a little odd travelling on that bus afterwards.
(21/03/2014 14:26)Mayneway Wrote:  It rings a bell.
It was defiantly one of the X reg ones.
It returned to service over 6 months later. I always felt a little odd travelling on that bus afterwards.

Quite a few of the 'X' reg ones are not as good/comfortable/easy on the hearing to travel on as their elder brethren particularly the 'S' reg's.
(21/03/2014 14:00)gilbert Wrote:  22241?
it was 22241 inded heres the men article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...-71-929408
(21/03/2014 16:30)gilbert Wrote:  Quite a few of the 'X' reg ones are not as good/comfortable/easy on the hearing to travel on as their elder brethren particularly the 'S' reg's.

The X reg ones were always dogged with gearbox problems while at AZ. I remember at least two that seemed to have no 1st or 2nd gear when the bus was setting off so the driver had to really accelerate to get the bus to move although I travelled on one recently on the 7 and it was surprisingly nippy. The big downside is them horrible grey plastic seating that's very uncomfortabłe for the taller person.
Is the 76 on diversion in Limeside tomorrow?

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)