Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(02/12/2012 11:48)SF07 Wrote:  Picture of First bus 66879 now with Stagecoach logo and fleet number 21238

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63730085@N07/8236714915/

I'm guessing that you were one of the two fellow enthusiasts I briefly spoke to outside the depot about 1030 this morning!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ive been told By Summer all deckers that arent 07 plate will be replaced by tridents,
(02/12/2012 13:26)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Noticeable that the Excels appear to not have Stagecoach logos - a sign that we have seen the last of these vehicles in service in the area.

some later photos feature Excels with the logos on.
(01/12/2012 20:26)Quackdave Wrote:  Does anyone know if anything's happened to 10051, like for example a collision or major failure? Or does it just not like working Saturdays? Smile

Today was I think the fourth time in the past couple of months that I've been in either Oldham or Failsworth on a Saturday, on three of the four occasions for sufficiently long to see every vehicle that was on the 76. I've seen every other member of the batch several times (today, they were all out) apart from 10051!

I was wondering that as well.
I don't think it's been on the road for a good couple of months now.
I know Stagecoach do keep new buses back in the depot sometimes for demo purposes, so that may be a possibility. I know they do this with hybrids also.
The only other possibility would be if it's gone back to ADL for some work to be done.
I have seen 10042 on the 76 recently, the bus that also stood in for 10000 when it went back to ADL recently.
(02/12/2012 21:47)ace Wrote:  
(01/12/2012 20:26)Quackdave Wrote:  Does anyone know if anything's happened to 10051, like for example a collision or major failure? Or does it just not like working Saturdays? Smile

Today was I think the fourth time in the past couple of months that I've been in either Oldham or Failsworth on a Saturday, on three of the four occasions for sufficiently long to see every vehicle that was on the 76. I've seen every other member of the batch several times (today, they were all out) apart from 10051!

I know Stagecoach do keep new buses back in the depot sometimes for demo purposes, so that may be a possibility. I know they do this with hybrids also.
The only other possibility would be if it's gone back to ADL for some work to be done.
I have seen 10042 on the 76 recently, the bus that also stood in for 10000 when it went back to ADL recently.

I had a ride on 10042 three or 4 days ago-on the X57.
Just had a browse through flickr at the Stagecoach takeover, they've done everything pretty quickly, how long do we think before repaints kick in and the stagecoach buses start to move in to service? Also do we know if the ex-first stock will be getting refurbished interiors also? I'd imagine stagecoach will want to make them look less like their biggest competitors vehicles, particulary on routes to Manchester, Bolton and Leigh where First are still present.
(02/12/2012 15:49)gka472l Wrote:  
(02/12/2012 11:48)SF07 Wrote:  Picture of First bus 66879 now with Stagecoach logo and fleet number 21238

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63730085@N07/8236714915/

I'm guessing that you were one of the two fellow enthusiasts I briefly spoke to outside the depot about 1030 this morning!

No, just browsing the pics on Flickr.
(02/12/2012 23:36)gemini6491 Wrote:  Just had a browse through flickr at the Stagecoach takeover, they've done everything pretty quickly, how long do we think before repaints kick in and the stagecoach buses start to move in to service? Also do we know if the ex-first stock will be getting refurbished interiors also? I'd imagine stagecoach will want to make them look less like their biggest competitors vehicles, particulary on routes to Manchester, Bolton and Leigh where First are still present.

Was definitely confusing see First-livered buses with Stagecoach logos in Manchester today. More so when a bus goes out of service and the First logo appears on the rear number display. Some reprogramming will be also needed soon.
(02/12/2012 23:08)gilbert Wrote:  
(02/12/2012 21:47)ace Wrote:  

It's quite common for 12 reg's to stray on to the X57.
Hybrids usually end up with the last one of the day.
(03/12/2012 20:44)ace Wrote:  
(02/12/2012 23:08)gilbert Wrote:  
(02/12/2012 21:47)ace Wrote:  I was wondering that as well.

It's quite common for 12 reg's to stray on to the X57.
Hybrids usually end up with the last one of the day.

It was about mid day

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)