Current time: 26/05/2024, 21:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
The demonstrator has gained the fleetnumber 128. Has been in use for a few days on a range of routes - it's a very nice bus overall. Would be interesting to see what these replace if any were ordered
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Citaro O530K is a great looking bus, and has a really nice spacious (looking) interior too. Some pics of 128 are available here.

Also, 242 is to be registered LMN-442-K, with MN-1082 to be transferred to Metro Cammell Leyland Titan PD3A/1, currently registered 67 UMN.

Also available at the above link are some photos of ex Bus Vannin Northern Counties Palatine Leyland Olympian 64 (BMN-64-V) at Jurby in Douglas Corporation Transport Livery to celebrate the centenary of DCT. There is a fantastic selection of Douglas Corporation Transport Vehicles now on the Island, and I'm hoping the rumoured Douglas Corporation Model is released in time for the celebrations.

Also liking 128 registration. BV(Bus Vannin)14 TZY!
128 does have a very nice interior - I will upload a picture of it in service shortly. It's out today - saw it heading to Peel about an hour ago. If any Citaro Ks are ordered they would be replacing StreetLites. Not sure which ones at the moment

242 should be entering service in the next week or so

12 and/or 17 may have been fitted with new ticket machines as a trial. I'll confirm as soon as I can
Citaro demonstrator 128 is currently at Port Erin depot
Bus Vannin 204 has sustained fire damage.

Link: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/fire-dram...-1-6724837

Mod edit - Please avoid posting full copied articles and use links to the article instead
Citaro 231 is back on the road and is currently based at Ramsey
The last two DAFs on the dead patch - 8 and 9 - left the island two weeks ago
StreetLite Max 242 is now in service
(02/08/2014 09:19)FMN-503-T Wrote:  StreetLite Max 242 is now in service

242 is at Port Erin Depot, though it's not yet been in service. 242 has no ticket machine and WrightBus protective floor covering is still down.

I also seen Trident 12 on Services 1A & 12 today.
I found that out for myself yesterday - I had been told it was out in service. I've since been told by my source at Bus Vannin that should be going on the road very shortly

Demonstrator 128 went back a couple of weeks ago - not sure whether any Citaro Ks are being ordered at the moment

Today is the first day of the new Ticketer ticket machines whilst Tridents 12, 17 and 18 are due for imminent disposal

Trident 24 is currently in the workshops being re-trimmed

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)