Current time: 18/05/2024, 23:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
(05/03/2014 16:52)KMN-221-U Wrote:  
(05/03/2014 15:16)FMN-503-T Wrote:  I was travelling in a car at the time so unfortunately not. 141/2 are both based at Banks Circus

Thanks for the info. I imagine they're operating on the 13/29? Have they ever made an appearance on the 10B?

No problem. Yes they're operating on the 13 and 29 and the quieter school services. I haven't seen one on the 10B so far so I don't know if they have operated on there or not
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2014 16:58)FMN-503-T Wrote:  
(05/03/2014 16:52)KMN-221-U Wrote:  
(05/03/2014 15:16)FMN-503-T Wrote:  I was travelling in a car at the time so unfortunately not. 141/2 are both based at Banks Circus

Thanks for the info. I imagine they're operating on the 13/29? Have they ever made an appearance on the 10B?

No problem. Yes they're operating on the 13 and 29 and the quieter school services. I haven't seen one on the 10B so far so I don't know if they have operated on there or not

Thanks again Smile. Hope to get a ride on one of the Sprinters during the Summer.
Some news from IoM Today. Hopefully there'll be a Card purely for use with Isle Of Man Transport, which I'd definitely be interested in.

Quote:Plan to introduce smartcards is outlined in Keys
Published on the 06 March 2014 11:45

[Image: 2457579249.jpg]
Chris Robertshaw MHK

Ambitions for a single smart card system to use on buses, in shops and over the post office counter were outlined in the House of Keys.

Details emerged as Chris Robertshaw, acting as temporary Minister for Community, Culture and Leisure, answered questions about delays in replacing an ill-fated bus ticketing system.

A public accounts committee investigation last year concluded that serious mistakes were made in the purchase of the Almex ticketing system which is having to be replaced after less than five years at a cost of £400,000 as it is no longer deemed fit for purpose.

In the Keys, Douglas West MHK Chris Thomas asked about delays in introducing the new system. Mr Robertshaw replied: ‘Great care has been taken. It would have been unforgivable if we had rushed our fences and got it wrong.’

The new ticket system will take smartcards and Mr Robertshaw indicated plans for a new card system being worked on by Social Care and the Post Office would be compatible for other uses in the future. Michael MHK Alred Cannan asked if the vision was for one card allowing people to use the buses, collect their cash at the post office and make purchases at local stores.

Mr Robertshaw replied there may not necessarily be one card at first but the aim was to move towards this.
Daf 9 was on Service 6 coming into Douglas about 17:25. Passed it walking along Victoria street.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The plan for the moment is that the DAFs are being used as spares and are still due to be sold. Further East Lancs-bodied deckers will be leaving when the 177-82 batch of Volvos arrive in April/May

Dart 82 has been repaired but it is very unlikely it will be returning to service. It is now registered LMN-484-M

Credit to a source on Facebook - DAF 80 is in service with another operator in the UK. Great to see it back in use again
Daf 2 Was out coming from King edward road yesterday afternoon then turned up Past Port Jack shop. Engineers were driving.
(08/03/2014 08:57)Spiiibz Wrote:  Daf 2 Was out coming from King edward road yesterday afternoon then turned up Past Port Jack shop. Engineers were driving.

Thanks for the updates on the DAF Fleet Spiiibz. It's nice to hear they're still in service.

Keep us posted, and did you manage any pics?
(08/03/2014 20:33)KMN-221-U Wrote:  Thanks for the updates on the DAF Fleet Spiiibz. It's nice to hear they're still in service.

Keep us posted, and did you manage any pics?

I was at work there so didn't have the camera. Couldn't get phone out in time before it left.
DAF updates - 2 is withdrawn due to a fault, 8 is due to be shipped imminently with only 5, 6 and 9 still in service. 5 is in Port Erin and 6/9 are in Banks Circus

Seven new buses are due in April - 177-82 (standard Euro V B9TLs) and StreetLite Max 242. It is possible that the MN-1082 registration will be allocated to 242 upon its arrival. Demonstrator StreetLite 127 is set to leave the fleet in April
New Service 15

Quote:Summer shuttle bus service for Laxey - Public Transport Press Release

Bus vannin is planning to introduce a daily shuttle bus to serve Laxey village during the summer months.

It has applied to the Road Transport Licensing Committee to operate the new Service 15 daily from 9 June to 31 August 2014.
[/align]
If approved, minibuses will loop around the village, starting at Mines Road, calling at the Salmon Centre, Laxey Wheel access road and Minorca Hill en route to the promenade and return to Mines Road via Glen Road and Laxey Woollen Mills.

The new service will be trialled this year following the TT festival to improve access to the Great Laxey Wheel and other parts of the village for Manx Electric Railway passengers.

It is proposed the new Service 15 will operate half hourly every day of the week from 9 June to 31 August starting at 1020. The last departure will be 1420 on school days, 1520 on non school days and 1550 at weekends.

Standard bus fares will apply on the shuttle buses with Explorer and Saver tickets also accepted.

The new Service 15 is one of a number of applications bus vannin has made to the RTLC this week. Full details of route changes will be announced prior to implementation when approved by the RTLC. Schedules of all services will be included in a new bus timetable due to be published in May.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)