Current time: 22/05/2024, 19:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(01/04/2021 12:12)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Apparently one driver finished and found out 12 months later he was still down as working there and chased for tax etc from HMRc.

While this doesn't relate to Howards or buses it's important to ensure HMRC know that you have left an employer, otherwise they will presume your new employer is a second employer and that means if you earned over £12,500 at the employer you left you will be taxed on every 20p you earn at the new employer without getting the first £12,500 tax free. If you have a P45 then you know they've been told. You can also now register for an online tax account and that should show your current employment and you can let them know if it's wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/04/2021 15:09)knutstransport Wrote:  While this doesn't relate to Howards or buses it's important to ensure HMRC know that you have left an employer, otherwise they will presume your new employer is a second employer and that means if you earned over £12,500 at the employer you left you will be taxed on every 20p you earn at the new employer without getting the first £12,500 tax free. If you have a P45 then you know they've been told. You can also now register for an online tax account and that should show your current employment and you can let them know if it's wrong.

Almost spoken like a HMRC employee.
(01/04/2021 15:09)knutstransport Wrote:  While this doesn't relate to Howards or buses it's important to ensure HMRC know that you have left an employer, otherwise they will presume your new employer is a second employer and that means if you earned over £12,500 at the employer you left you will be taxed on every 20p you earn at the new employer without getting the first £12,500 tax free. If you have a P45 then you know they've been told. You can also now register for an online tax account and that should show your current employment and you can let them know if it's wrong.
Go to your personal tax account online you can set how much of your tax code goes on what job. So non of them would be 20% untill you used up your allowance. And can also see what you paid in tax in real time. Still being on payroll is not really a issue unless you don't set your allowance or not done a P45 or P46 that ticked it your main job
(01/04/2021 15:34)Mrboo Wrote:  Go to your personal tax account online you can set how much of your tax code goes on what job. So non of them would be 20% untill you used up your allowance. And can also see what you paid in tax in real time. Still being on payroll is not really a issue unless you don't set your allowance or not done a P45 or P46 that ticked it your main job

Not quite, if the income is projected to be above your tax allowances for the year then you will pay tax. So if your tax allowance on a secondary job are for example £4000 at the start of the tax year then you would pay tax on anything you earn above.£333.33 per month or £76.92 per week..
(01/04/2021 16:16)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Not quite, if the income is projected to be above your tax allowances for the year then you will pay tax. So if your tax allowance on a secondary job are for example £4000 at the start of the tax year then you would pay tax on anything you earn above.£333.33 per month or £76.92 per week..
I have 3 companies all with there own tax codes

Job A
Your estimated taxable income is
£x
Tax code: 720LX

Job B
£x
Tax code: 16T

Job C
£X
Tax code: 52T

So long as you set it up right you should not pay 20% untill you got over that number like job B I can earn £160 till they take 20% and job A £7200 but it divided in number of weeks or months you get paid so the £160 is £13p

For me it used to be 1 job had the full code and all other got 20%

The key is getting the pots right. You can change at any point in website https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/personal-account
(01/04/2021 17:21)Mrboo Wrote:  I have 3 companies all with there own tax codes

Job A
£x
Tax code: 720LX

Job B
£x
Tax code: 16T

Job C
£X
Tax code: 52T

So long as you set it up right you should not pay 20% untill you got over that number like job B I can earn £160 till they take 20% and job A £7200

The key is getting the pots right. You can change at any point in website https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/personal-account
I do this for a living and know this stuff like the back of my hand. You do not reach the figure of the allowances before paying tax. The allowances are effectively averaged out over s month or a week depending on your pay frequency.. At the present allowance of £12500, if collectively you are earning above £1041.66 per month or £240.34 per week then you will pay tax. That is how it works
What’s the crack with Howard’s?
Did there application for a new ops licence get approved or turned down??
They seem to have recently acquired a number of Volvo B7’s from Go North West, just wondering if they are to tart up and sell on or are they intended for service work.
(05/09/2021 13:06)Mayneway Wrote:  What’s the crack with Howard’s?
Did there application for a new ops licence get approved or turned down??
They seem to have recently acquired a number of Volvo B7’s from Go North West, just wondering if they are to tart up and sell on or are they intended for service work.

Under Consideration still looking at this:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/562134

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
F18 HOW a and a Wright bodied B7RLE in a 2 tone grey livery have been seen at Manchester Airport running between there and THG at Airport city. Is this MP using Howards vehicles on a contract?

Works for me
(05/09/2021 18:06)Rick Hunter Wrote:  F18 HOW a and a Wright bodied B7RLE in a 2 tone grey livery have been seen at Manchester Airport running between there and THG at Airport city. Is this MP using Howards vehicles on a contract?

The contract passed suddenly to MP the day Howard’s licence was revoked yet they still regularly use Howard’s vehicles.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)