Current time: 18/05/2024, 09:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(27/02/2017 17:18)Lynx Wrote:  It was quite unreliable apparently, probably as a result of the years of neglect and abuse GHA gave it.

I imagine there's a large number of deckers which only just about work, given a number of operators only use them on school services and aren't really bothered about keeping them well maintained and presented, apart from the external paint.

However, GHA did use deckers which were of the standard other operators would only use for school services on routes like the 82.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With Northern set to strike on 13th March it could provide some interesting loads on the 289 route if it goes ahead. The last time there was a rail strike on a weekday was in the 1990s and I recall North Western Road Car Co. running some full+standing Leyland Nationals on the 289 route (when they usually used Mercedes midi-buses) but with only 3 services to/from Altrincham now it may not be as 'popular' as last time. Industrial action and extreme weather are the two occasions train operators aren't required to provide replacement buses so normal local buses carry most the passengers.
LJ09OKD now sports house colours.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I just got sent a picture of HOW51T seemingly on rail replacement with a destination display reading "choo choo I'm a train"!
HOW'S IT get away with that! Wink
(02/03/2017 17:39)SNL 824 Wrote:  I just got sent a picture of HOW51T seemingly on rail replacement with a destination display reading "choo choo I'm a train"!

Wasn't it a Glasgow coach operator who originally came up with that idea?
(02/03/2017 17:39)SNL 824 Wrote:  I just got sent a picture of HOW51T seemingly on rail replacement with a destination display reading "choo choo I'm a train"!

According to a guy that works there, all the vehicles have that programmed in
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Both SN65 and V24 parked up out-of-use at Knutsford bus station at around 2:30 today, along with a van with a Springfield livery.
(09/03/2017 14:50)knutstransport Wrote:  Both SN65 and V24 parked up out-of-use at Knutsford bus station at around 2:30 today, along with a van with a Springfield livery.

Apparently the 27 route was cursed last week with a puncture one day and a breakdown on another. Not what the route needs to get usage to return to the level it was under GHA.
(28/02/2017 15:58)knutstransport Wrote:  With Northern set to strike on 13th March it could provide some interesting loads on the 289 route if it goes ahead. The last time there was a rail strike on a weekday was in the 1990s and I recall North Western Road Car Co. running some full+standing Leyland Nationals on the 289 route (when they usually used Mercedes midi-buses) but with only 3 services to/from Altrincham now it may not be as 'popular' as last time. Industrial action and extreme weather are the two occasions train operators aren't required to provide replacement buses so normal local buses carry most the passengers.

With Northern managing to run a reduced rail service today that didn't happen. Although it's a shame the 1800 bus from Northwich only goes as far as Knutsford as the last Knutsford to Altrincham train today was 17:45 and usually the 18:45 loads around 80 passengers at Knutsford.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)