Current time: 23/05/2024, 01:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(06/12/2016 00:24)ant17612 Wrote:  Well I don't know where that's come from but I've traveled on the 51 plate Solar and seen it on there more than half a dozen times!

If your not aware TheHMan is Mr Howard himself so he does know all the ins and outs. Sounds like there's complicated arrangements in Cheshire
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's worth remembering Cheshire East didn't award the long term GHA replacement contracts until the last minute, so operators didn't have a lot of time to prepare for running the new services. It's reported in another thread D&G are only just stopping using hired in drivers on the 88 route and they've been using a couple of Solos with 'on hire' notices until very recently. While Hollinshead and Mikro have been using plain white buses with no branding on their new contracts.

It seems Cheshire East like giving different options when awarding contracts. Apparently D&G's 88 contract is on the basis that the subsidy covers their operating costs, meaning the majority of the revenue taken gets returned to the council, while there's other contracts where the subsidy is just enough to make a loss making service profitable based on predicted revenue.

I'm not sure if it's still the case but for some contracts it used to be that the contract holder was told a minimum capacity for the vehicles they should be using but if passenger numbers grew and that vehicle size was no longer appropriate then they would be expected to find a solution i.e. larger vehicle or additional services and expected to use the additional revenue taken to fund that solution. I'm also aware some contracts have had break clauses included which have been exercised when passenger numbers aren't reaching the expected levels.

With the redevelopment of the disused part of the AstraZeneca Nether Adderley site and proposed development of Airport City passenger loadings on the 27, 88, 130* and 200 services might be very different to what they are now before 2021. Also, the planned change in the provision of services at Styal railway station might affect the 200 loadings.

* Not a contracted service except on Sundays.
Find all posts by this user
(13/11/2016 14:16)The H man Wrote:  https://flic.kr/p/NGSvXY

Our new Enviro200 is now painted and will be on the road tomorrow.

It was on route 289 on Saturday 26th November. I spotted it at Altrincham just after 4pm.
Lengthy article on the company in today's RouteOne.
http://www.route-one.net/articles/Operat...s_to_build
Despite the Route One article implying both Enviros are now in Howards corporate livery SN65 was still in plain white today.
V25 HOW was parked up at Knutsford bus station just now. Knutsford Academy finished at 1pm today so I'm guessing it was used on the school route the 289 bus would normally be used on and was going to be taken back when one of the driver changeovers happened.
(22/12/2016 15:05)knutstransport Wrote:  V25 HOW was parked up at Knutsford bus station just now. Knutsford Academy finished at 1pm today so I'm guessing it was used on the school route the 289 bus would normally be used on and was going to be taken back when one of the driver changeovers happened.

Yes it was, also V23 is back on 27s whilst SN65 is being painted over Christmas
Y22 HOW is currently up for sale for £22k
(15/01/2017 06:51)iMarkeh Wrote:  Y22 HOW is currently up for sale for £22k

Why 22? How? Huh

I'll get me coat ...

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)