Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
I really do think it would be a better idea to divert the 82A, if it is possible, to serve Brunswick, as drivers already know the route and Merseytravel could subsidise it at a lower cost than the 500.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They should talk to MP and route the X1 to call at Airport.
(01/11/2020 15:05)Mrboo Wrote:  They should talk to MP and route the X1 to call at Airport.

This was looked at by Arriva a few years back and it could not be done within an hour plus i normal times. As for MP TRAVEL they are only operating on behalf of Arriva
(01/11/2020 14:34)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I really do think it would be a better idea to divert the 82A, if it is possible, to serve Brunswick, as drivers already know the route and Merseytravel could subsidise it at a lower cost than the 500.

But the 82A was been subsides by Merseytravel after the bus to Aigburth Vale was withdrawn several years ago
(01/11/2020 16:41)trixmax2000 Wrote:  But the 82A was been subsides by Merseytravel after the bus to Aigburth Vale was withdrawn several years ago

Even still extra subsidisation for only part of a well-used route instead of funding a whole route with very little demand is surely better
(01/11/2020 16:22)trixmax2000 Wrote:  This was looked at by Arriva a few years back and it could not be done within an hour plus i normal times. As for MP TRAVEL they are only operating on behalf of Arriva

Well if you ran it with X1 to the airport then into Liverpool then back to Airport back into Liverpool then Runcorn that may work. as could be every hour to Runcorn.

it would take less buses if they run X1 and 500 as 1 route.
(01/11/2020 17:34)Mrboo Wrote:  Well if you ran it with X1 to the airport then into Liverpool then back to Airport back into Liverpool then Runcorn that may work. as could be every hour to Runcorn.

it would take less buses if they run X1 and 500 as 1 route.

If the X1 is to run into viability issues once again, this could be a good option to save it
Given the lockdown being imposed on Thursday, the way I see it, the only sensible option would be for Merseytravel to withdraw from 500, as its pretty much a guarantee that nobody, except for the section between Brunswick and Liverpool One, will use it. Alternative provision will need to be provided for the Brunswick section, as this part of the route is only served by the 500 at present and is well patronised.
(01/11/2020 20:37)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Given the lockdown being imposed on Thursday, the way I see it, the only sensible option would be for Merseytravel to withdraw from 500, as its pretty much a guarantee that nobody, except for the section between Brunswick and Liverpool One, will use it. Alternative provision will need to be provided for the Brunswick section, as this part of the route is only served by the 500 at present and is well patronised.

Or Merseytravel could chop it down to the bare bones , bringing the service maybe down to a one vehicle operation .
(01/11/2020 21:36)wirralbus Wrote:  Or Merseytravel could chop it down to the bare bones , bringing the service maybe down to a one vehicle operation .

My concern is that this option would create an irregular timetable of about every 80 minutes when taking into account driver breaks and everything. Having an irregular timetable could mean even less customers, as it would be quite inconvenient for them having to work out when its due etc. In my opinion, adapting existing resource would be the better option, as it minimises additional cost and has the potential of keeping a regular service

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)