Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(10/04/2020 13:45)moreton407 Wrote:  Just noticed a Selwyns bys heading towards West Kirby? Do they know it's good Friday?

Driver training perhaps?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just seen a couple more buses go past on Schools, do they know it's Easter Monday & a bank holiday?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(13/04/2020 07:11)MTL0201 Wrote:  Just seen a couple more buses go past on Schools, do they know it's Easter Monday & a bank holiday?

Open for children of key workers
(13/04/2020 08:07)Owl Wrote:  Open for children of key workers

I didn't know any schools would be open for what would have been the Easter holidays, even for children of key workers. I thought the idea was they would remain open in term time with limited staffing so would only be able to allow children of key workers attend.

The primary school near me looked properly closed last week, the week before it was open for around 8 pupils - opposed to the usual >100.

Bus drivers are classed as key workers, so in some cases keeping the school open for key workers means more pupils attending as the children of the school bus drivers attend school, when the drivers may have ended up being furloughed if there were no school services to run - especially in the case of operators who do mostly private hire and National Express work.
(13/04/2020 10:33)knutstransport Wrote:  I didn't know any schools would be open for what would have been the Easter holidays, even for children of key workers. I thought the idea was they would remain open in term time with limited staffing so would only be able to allow children of key workers attend.

The primary school near me looked properly closed last week, the week before it was open for around 8 pupils - opposed to the usual >100.

Bus drivers are classed as key workers, so in some cases keeping the school open for key workers means more pupils attending as the children of the school bus drivers attend school, when the drivers may have ended up being furloughed if there were no school services to run - especially in the case of operators who do mostly private hire and National Express work.

Larger schools are open throughout the holidays. But only for children of key workers and at risk children (if required).

Smaller schools have a designated alternate school open for eligible children to attend during the holidays.

The schooling plan was drawn up before lockdown, so operators should have been aware of their requirements before furloughing any staff. Although I’m sure many operators have staff without school age children who could provide the services in the ideal situation, with those with children providing if no one is available.
Can anyone confirm that RATP still own what remains of Selwyn's. If they don't, who does ?
Thx with any guidance on this.
(22/04/2020 08:02)KXW212 Wrote:  Can anyone confirm that RATP still own what remains of Selwyn's. If they don't, who does ?
Thx with any guidance on this.

See massage 338 that i posted it was told back to the Seywyn Jones co founder of the company on the 1st April, I passed the Runcorn Depot yesterday and the RATP branding as now been removed.

Remember Seywyn starting starting up with his late dad with just one coach the was to go on the take over Yates Toures,

His Dad was one of the many Crosville drivers who came from Welsh depots to work at Crosville Runcorn
(22/04/2020 12:24)trixmax2000 Wrote:  See massage 338 that i posted it was told back to the Seywyn Jones co founder of the company on the 1st April, I passed the Runcorn Depot yesterday and the RATP branding as now been removed.

Remember Seywyn starting starting up with his late dad with just one coach the was to go on the take over Yates Toures,

His Dad was one of the many Crosville drivers who came from Welsh depots to work at Crosville Runcorn

According to a former colleague of mine who went working for Selwyns about 3 months who, RATP are no longer involved with Selwyns, control and ownership passed Back to Selwyn at the end of March.
(22/04/2020 13:52)Mayneway Wrote:  According to a former colleague of mine who went working for Selwyns about 3 months who, RATP are no longer involved with Selwyns, control and ownership passed Back to Selwyn at the end of March.

As already posted Companies House shows ownership has been transferred from RATP Dev UK Ltd to Selwyn Alun Jones - it's not a rumour which has come from a driver, it's a verified fact.
(23/04/2020 10:35)knutstransport Wrote:  As already posted Companies House shows ownership has been transferred from RATP Dev UK Ltd to Selwyn Alun Jones - it's not a rumour which has come from a driver, it's a verified fact.

Where in my post have I suggested it was a rumour??

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)