Current time: 30/04/2024, 14:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
At least 4 Scania’s being PN09EKW, PN09EMF, PN09ENH and PO59KFX are now operating from Sharston Depot.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Selwyn's are transferring school contracts to belle vue. Copied and pasted this comment seen from a guy from Selwyn's;

"Good evening gents ....... just a quick note to say no Selwyns has NOT gone bust we r continuing to operate Airside and Nat ex as normal. All the schools have been transferred to belle vue with the last of the transfers happening end of March. We are also still operating all services as normal from Runcorn and Prenton . Thanks"
(01/03/2020 09:03)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Selwyn's are transferring school contracts to belle vue. Copied and pasted this comment seen from a guy from Selwyn's;

"Good evening gents ....... just a quick note to say no Selwyns has NOT gone bust we r continuing to operate Airside and Nat ex as normal. All the schools have been transferred to belle vue with the last of the transfers happening end of March. We are also still operating all services as normal from Runcorn and Prenton . Thanks"

So have RATP sold a small part of the business to Belle Vue or have Belle Vue won the tenders which Selwyns have given up?
Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2020 09:51)knutstransport Wrote:  So have RATP sold a small part of the business to Belle Vue or have Belle Vue won the tenders which Selwyns have given up?

Neither, the schools Selwyns operated in Manchester have transferred to Belle Vue alongside some of the vehicles.
(01/03/2020 21:58)Mayneway Wrote:  Neither, the schools Selwyns operated in Manchester have transferred to Belle Vue alongside some of the vehicles.

Would their not be a cost involved? I could understand this if TfGM owned the vehicles but they don't. Was wondering why I saw an 05 Plate B7TL with a Belle Vue sticker on the front last week.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
(02/03/2020 01:05)ant17612 Wrote:  Would their not be a cost involved? I could understand this if TfGM owned the vehicles but they don't. Was wondering why I saw an 05 Plate B7TL with a Belle Vue sticker on the front last week.

From what I know from a colleague of mine who went for a job interview at Belle Vue a couple of weeks ago, Selwyns no longer want to operate the Tfgm schools so have handed them to Belle Vue, with TFGM’s approval. Belle Vue have purchased some vehicles and have borrowed others until they sort their own vehicles. I believe some drivers have moved to BV others have stayed at Selwyns which is why Belle Vue are quickly trying to recruit something like 16 drivers.

Allegedly it’s a fall out with TFGM that’s led to this handover of school contracts with Selwyns vowing to never take any TFGM work on again - not sure how true that is but I’d be interested to see if they continue to operat the 129 in Middleton.
(02/03/2020 03:15)Mayneway Wrote:  From what I know from a colleague of mine who went for a job interview at Belle Vue a couple of weeks ago, Selwyns no longer want to operate the Tfgm schools so have handed them to Belle Vue, with TFGM’s approval. Belle Vue have purchased some vehicles and have borrowed others until they sort their own vehicles. I believe some drivers have moved to BV others have stayed at Selwyns which is why Belle Vue are quickly trying to recruit something like 16 drivers.

Allegedly it’s a fall out with TFGM that’s led to this handover of school contracts with Selwyns vowing to never take any TFGM work on again - not sure how true that is but I’d be interested to see if they continue to operat the 129 in Middleton.

So part of the business has been sold to Belle Vue, despite what you said in an earlier post. A sale does not have to mean vehicles, drivers or depots transfer. You're saying the existing contracts have been transferred from one business to another - that's legally classed as a sale and they will have had solicitors writing out a document defining the terms of the transfer and the value of the transfer - even if the value is just £1.

The only other way around it would be Belle Vue operating the services on behalf of Selwyns but then Selwyns would still be the ones responsible for running the services and TfGM wouldn't have direct contact with Belle Vue regarding those services.
(02/03/2020 09:37)knutstransport Wrote:  So part of the business has been sold to Belle Vue, despite what you said in an earlier post. A sale does not have to mean vehicles, drivers or depots transfer. You're saying the existing contracts have been transferred from one business to another - that's legally classed as a sale and they will have had solicitors writing out a document defining the terms of the transfer and the value of the transfer - even if the value is just £1.

The only other way around it would be Belle Vue operating the services on behalf of Selwyns but then Selwyns would still be the ones responsible for running the services and TfGM wouldn't have direct contact with Belle Vue regarding those services.
Incorrect there does not need to have been a sale TfGM could agree to transfer contracts to Belle Vue under the sam terms and conditions and more importantly I would guess price. There is no requirement for any sort of sale to have taken place
(02/03/2020 10:40)Salopbus Wrote:  Incorrect there does not need to have been a sale TfGM could agree to transfer contracts to Belle Vue under the sam terms and conditions and more importantly I would guess price. There is no requirement for any sort of sale to have taken place

According to Mayneway it was Selwyns who handed the contracts to Belle Vue (with approval from TfGM) not TfGM who initiated the transfer.
(02/03/2020 11:02)knutstransport Wrote:  According to Mayneway it was Selwyns who handed the contracts to Belle Vue (with approval from TfGM) not TfGM who initiated the transfer.
I didn't say it was. TfGM could agree to transfer the contracts to Belle Vue if Selwyns requested them to. By agreeing, providing there is no increase in cost, TfGM save themselves an expensive and time consuming tendering excercise

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)