Current time: 21/05/2024, 19:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(01/07/2019 14:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  And my post was merely suppose to be humorous due to the fact joe got rid of the bus lanes around the city and really doesn't get along with the bus companies running of things which allows cars to block all the city centre.

Should have a lol on the end of it, lol. It does seem that our Fabulous Mayor does have a vendetta against buses though when most other cities are embracing them to discourage cars. I have my own opinions in the guy that really can't be shared on an open forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My bad lol
(01/07/2019 09:59)Barney Wrote:  And I thought it was only the Americans who don't do irony. I was merely (humorously) extending the unsubstantiated claims made in the previous post. The danger we all now face is that people now feel able to say, write or post anything they like as a 'fact' - such as Mayor Anderson having shares in NCP - without checking the veracity first.

Thought you were but I couldn't resist checking. Nothing surprises these days !!ConfusedConfused
Just looked at the website. 1,274 comments have been left regarding the proposed changes, a large percentage of them opposing the changes. Considering the amount of people objecting to the changes do you think the powers that be will listen and make amendments to the plans?
(31/07/2019 19:51)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just looked at the website. 1,274 comments have been left regarding the proposed changes, a large percentage of them opposing the changes. Considering the amount of people objecting to the changes do you think the powers that be will listen and make amendments to the plans?
Interestingly, since all these comments have come out. Councillor Liam Robinson has decided that they are limited in what they can do because it would affect the rest of the scheme. Therefore, this whole thing was a tick box exercise and will go ahead anyway with possibly one or two small changes.

Quote:While we have been clear that we are limited in any changes we can make because of the changing layout of the city centre , once the ‘opportunity to comment’ closes we can assure people that we will be looking at the responses alongside Liverpool City Council and the bus operators to inform the final route plans that will be introduced in January 2020.
(31/07/2019 19:51)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just looked at the website. 1,274 comments have been left regarding the proposed changes, a large percentage of them opposing the changes. Considering the amount of people objecting to the changes do you think the powers that be will listen and make amendments to the plans?

No. However, I did hear that the city council has recently appointed someone who is keen to present her Green credentials. During a local radio interview she did question the wisdom of curtailing so many bus routes into the city centre and said that that policy was at odds with trying to reduce the number of cars in the city and encourage bus usage. Steve Rotherham also seems to be questioning how this plan to restrict buses in the city will increase bus usage.

On this issue, last week I was walking along The Strand at peak time and it was gridlocked. Of the hundreds of vehicles stuck in the congestion, there was not one bus.
I am looking forward to seeing the Mayor (Joe Anderson), Metro Mayor (Steve Rotheram), Council Officials, Area and General Managers of Arriva, Stagecoach etc......…….using the bus.

It is hypocrisy that all these people preach to the general public whilst using allocated cars etc.
If they find they cannot get between meetings in a sensible timescale they could use something else - Arriva Click for example in the south of Liverpool, even taxis or private hire, cycle(What!!!!), or even walk!

Also could some of these meetings be held on line thus reducing the need to travel anywhere! I realise that some face to face meetings need to take place,
let us all use all the tools available to reduce congestion.

As described in the earlier post congestion is caused mainly by vehicles which often only have one occupant (or two if a driver is provided).
(01/08/2019 08:00)Gateacre Wrote:  I am looking forward to seeing the Mayor (Joe Anderson), Metro Mayor (Steve Rotheram), Council Officials, Area and General Managers of Arriva, Stagecoach etc......…….using the bus.

It is hypocrisy that all these people preach to the general public whilst using allocated cars etc.
If they find they cannot get between meetings in a sensible timescale they could use something else - Arriva Click for example in the south of Liverpool, even taxis or private hire, cycle(What!!!!), or even walk!

Also could some of these meetings be held on line thus reducing the need to travel anywhere! I realise that some face to face meetings need to take place,
let us all use all the tools available to reduce congestion.

As described in the earlier post congestion is caused mainly by vehicles which often only have one occupant (or two if a driver is provided).

Steve Rotherham's Office is in the same building as Merseytravel and Joe Anderson's Office is in the Cunard Building at the Pier Head, so they are within 5 minutes of each other.
Consultation is now CLOSED. Number of comments is as follows:

London Road Services: 495
Brownlow Hill Services: 204
Renshaw Street Services: 622
Other Services: 59

Total No. of comments: 1380
(02/08/2019 17:03)Walton 46 Wrote:  Consultation is now CLOSED. Number of comments is as follows:

London Road Services: 495
Brownlow Hill Services: 204
Renshaw Street Services: 622
Other Services: 59

Total No. of comments: 1380
Casually waiting for the 'the majority of respondents agree with our proposals' or the 'we can't change our plans because it would mess up the rest of the scheme' statement from LCC.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)